BC Sport Bikes Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
D

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hey guys,

I installed my frame savers today on my 98 Ninja ZX7R, as you can see by the picture below, one saver is different from the other.

Does anyone know which side the more grooved one goes?

They seem to go on either way.

Thanks.

·
Premium Member
11,195 Posts
Just a wild and wacky thought but what do the instructions say?

OK OK, so I'm trying to get you to sell your soul to the devil..... :D

If you know where they mount then it should be pretty obvious that one has a deeper recess to fit into than the other. That's your guide.

And another crazy thought but a smaller pic wouldn't hurt either....

D

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Heh.

There were no "instructions". And there is no differences on the bike that I can see to indicate which goes where.

As for the smaller pic, my bad I guess, but I wanted the differences noticeable.

You still running 640x480 resolution? Terrible man. :)

-dn

·
glowing ghostie!
3,112 Posts
If you swap them around, one doesn't stick out more than the other? There's gotta be a reason.

Maybe thre was a mistake and you got mismatched sliders?

·
Just Another Enthusiast
2,051 Posts
I had the same problem with mine. Just try them on each side, there SHOULD be a difference if the sliders are different, they will both fit flush so the fact that one has a larger recessed diameter, they do have specific sides.

Just make sure the bolts are the same size, because if they are different and you put the long bolt in the short side and start torquing away--big trouble. :)

·
Premium Member
11,195 Posts
Ah, much better. And it's 800x600 thankyouverymuch..... :D

There's gotta be SOME differnce. Just be sure that the shoulder on the slider doesn't press against the plastic or there'll be a big cracking sound followed by tears......

Perhaps the stock bolts are a slightly different length and they can provide a clue.

Hard to say without seeing the bike.......... darn internet.......

D

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Yeah, I'll rip it apart again tonight. Maybe take a few pictures so I can get some more help.

Thanks.

·
Registered
725 Posts
that is a small difference between the two, if it seems that they both will fit on either side ok the reason the are different is most likely due to how far your engine covers and other items such as that stick on on your bike

it is common that on one side of the bike the parts such as the engine covers, exhaust pipes, or other items may stick out farther on the left side vs the right side or vice versa

check this out and maybe it will help

other wise it seems like everyone else has covered what it might be

1 - 9 of 9 Posts