BC Sport Bikes Forum banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Premium Member
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Arai, I was talking with you about buying some frame sliders, and if anyone else is interested (Which I think you should be ;))...

The products are from a company called Intuitive Race Products. http://www.inturace.com

I'm defintetly going to be ordering them, so if anyone else is interested, leave a note here, and I'll see if we can get a bit of a 'Group Puchase' discount going. I'm looking to order by the end of the month. Retail on the 'race set' (which are the ones where you need to cut the bodywork (the other ones have been said to crack under extreme pressure)) are $54.95USD. You can also get frame sliders for your clutch case and for your rear swingarm, although I didn't see either of those listed on there site, I'll ask once we figure out how many people want them.

I figure even going down once this will provide a HUGE cost savings in repair work..

·
Registered
634 Posts
you know I'm in

-arai-

·
Super Moderator
5,114 Posts
well I would be interested, but the gixxer ones cost $104.95 USD, twice as much as the R6 ones for some reason.... :(

·
Super Moderator
5,114 Posts
absolutdm said:
CG, I wonder how much it would cost you to replace your body work? :p
who says you have to replace it if you dump it :) :) nothing a few stickers can't fix :)

just make sure you have lots of bcsportbike.com stickers in stock in case I crash :) :) :D :laughing

B

·
0 Posts
if you check kneedraggers.com, they actually sell them for less than intuitiv does. and the gixxer ones are about $41 or $43(US) a pair for the race ones plus shipping. maybe kneedraggers will give a group discount?

absolut, I'd probably be in if you were going to do a group order. I was going to order a set this week anyways. let us know what kind of discount you get.

·
Registered
725 Posts
adam can you call me tonight, i was actually going to put a order in with kneedraggers for frame and bar end sliders for my bike,

i would also be ordering a set for a 900RR, F4i and an R6 so i was planning on placing an order for four sets but if you can get a group together i would put them in with yours

call me tonight around 9 if you can

thanks man

·
Registered
4,209 Posts
Kit, I would be interested in the bar end sliders and Adam also for the frame sliders...

·
Premium Member
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Ok guys, I'm going to talk with Ron @ Kneedraggers tommorow and get our group pricing, and I'll talk with Kit to get his boys involved as well.

I'll start a new thread when we open the Group Purchase. Be warned though, we'll be ordering very soon.

·
Registered
634 Posts
be warned? heh thats a good thing, or else we might lay it down before they got here (oh wouldn't that be a pain in the ass ;) )

-arai-

·
Premium Member
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Anyone know how effective (worth while is what I'm asking really) the sliders on the swing are?

·
Registered
634 Posts
you should just get an entire fairing made out of sliders :D

-arai-

·
Premium Member
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Thought has crossed my mind..

In some of my European magazines, they have these little mushroom sliders, I think they look cool. But I do hear Intuitive does make the good stuff, so I'll stick with them.. I've heard many stories praising them.

B

·
0 Posts
hey, for the swingarm sliders for the zx6R, i had a question about the mounting. My zx6R swingarm comes with two protruding pre-drilled holes right under where the huge bolt fits the tire on the bike (on the underside of the swing arm). i don't have camera for pic! Is this where the sliders would go?(meaning, i don't have any drilling to do?)
If so, i'm in for a set of swing arm sliders. black if possible.

And won't your pipe act as a slider? It doesn't look like the slider on the side of my pipe would come close to being used 'cause the pipe sticks out so far. Guess i'm gonna have to get some Ducati style pipes then!

·
moving pylon
1,428 Posts
pipes don't stick out far enough to act as sliders and most of the bike's weight is centered in the middle whereas the pipe is at the very back..... i think !

·
Premium Member
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Ok guys, bad news. Group purchase is off. Kneedraggers can't do a better price as they don't make much on them to begin with.

I will still be ordering mine late this week / early next week, so if someone wants the convienience of havnig me bring it up throught he states for them without paying brokerage fees then I'm happy to do it as long as you don't make it a pain in the ass to get money from you. ;)

PM me if your interested.

Kit, may as well throw it in with your 'other' order. :D And you should call me to find out about shipping details..

·
Registered
725 Posts
hey adam ill call you again tonight dont order without me cause i need 7 sets or frame sliders and a couple bar ends

thanks man

just need one more confirm tonight

1 - 20 of 24 Posts