BC Sport Bikes Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have searched the threads and have not found too much. Anyone have any info they can help with? If I end up making my own any suggestions on bolt thickness?

Thanks in advance.

·
Premium Member
11,196 Posts
You generally use of the the existing bolt holes and just get longer bolts of that size to fit through the sliders. You certainly don't want to be drilling the frame for a new bolt.

The Kat is pretty much wrapped 100% with no natural holes for the sliders to fit through so you're likely also looking at cutting a hole into your fairings to fit the slider. And this lack of natural openings to fit a slider is likely why there's not many options.

But this havnig to bodge in a set from some other bike means that you need someone with a fair degree of knowledge about slider bolts and bolt sizes. That says "shop" to me. Or at least some time to pull your fairings, find the bolt. pull it out and measure it up and then go shopping armed with some specs on what you need.

·
Registered
64 Posts
www.katriders.com take a look on that forum, i know that guys on there have frame sliders that require cutting of the fairing, and one of the members makes sliders that protrude out of the fairing openings. im sure you will find other usefull info on there as well

·
Eh Muh Gawd Becky!!
6,648 Posts
don't be afraid to drill the fairing for the sliders. the ones that have adapters and pieces to move the sliders to open areas aren't as strong as the direct bolt to engine ones. a hole saw and some preparation work can yield a hole in a fairing that looks like it was meant to be there. Honda guys do it all the time.

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
sliders

Thanks for the input. I'll check out katriders and see what they have to say. I appreicate your time.

don't be afraid to drill the fairing for the sliders. the ones that have adapters and pieces to move the sliders to open areas aren't as strong as the direct bolt to engine ones. a hole saw and some preparation work can yield a hole in a fairing that looks like it was meant to be there. Honda guys do it all the time.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts