BC Sport Bikes Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
8,230 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Looking for dirt biking areas and trail riding spots and ones that are lower in elevation to avoid the snow.

Pretty well the only ones I've been to are enroute to Squamish or out at Tamihi. I suppose I could log back onto DSBC and look around, I thought I'd ask here first.

Since we will be on a KLR650, and XR650L and XR650R ........ maybe super tight, root covered trails aren't the best this early in the season.

Any suggestions welcome.

·
TeaBagger
542 Posts
Langley doesn't really offer much at all for off road riding.

Maple Ridge would be your next closest bet, just google map the Alouette Women's Correctional Facility and just continue north east on the road and you'll hit the Blue Mountain Motorcycle Club riding area.

I've only rode the main drag down there and it is not a very long ride unlike Tamihi, Chipmunk Creek, Bench Road/ect.

Not the greatest video as I hadn't figured out how my helmet camera likes to sit for a good view but you can get an idea of the area from here.

After that you've got West & East Stave lake......but for the most part it is forest service roads.

Still a good scenic ride and it's very "big" bike friendly. Florence Lake Road or Lost Creek Forest Service Road are the names if you want to google map the area.

·
Registered
8,230 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I ended up being voluntold to attend a course ........ no riding for me.

·
Registered
6,285 Posts
Langley doesn't really offer much at all for off road riding.

Maple Ridge would be your next closest bet, just google map the Alouette Women's Correctional Facility and just continue north east on the road and you'll hit the Blue Mountain Motorcycle Club riding area.

I've only rode the main drag down there and it is not a very long ride unlike Tamihi, Chipmunk Creek, Bench Road/ect.

Not the greatest video as I hadn't figured out how my helmet camera likes to sit for a good view but you can get an idea of the area from here.

After that you've got West & East Stave lake......but for the most part it is forest service roads.

Still a good scenic ride and it's very "big" bike friendly. Florence Lake Road or Lost Creek Forest Service Road are the names if you want to google map the area.

LOL,,,, Mr. "Blip-master" on the Husky. Harley rider I bet?

·
Registered
6,285 Posts
Hey Steve, remember when we went dirt biking?

Hhahhahahahaha.

LOL,,,,,,my face aches from laughing so much were exceeded only by your physical pain. I still laugh out loud when I think about that day. A classic.

And that fucking 4' loading ramp of yours,,,awesome!!!

I've got a better dirtbike now for stuff like that. 650 single XR.

·
Registered
8,809 Posts
Amazing how that video goes from ok to totally nauseating as soon as you lose the horizon. *
i bloody hate videos where all you see is the stupid front tire...

why would you even bother with a helmet cam if you're just gonna be looking down the whole time. Dirt bike review vids are the worse. :evil

·
Registered
18,879 Posts

why would you even bother with a helmet cam if you're just gonna be looking down the whole time. Dirt bike review vids are the worse. :evil
This is me at McNutt a few years back. Hope it's not too much fender for ya.

https://youtu.be/6ZYGpJCU2kM

Not sure why I can't embed it.

·
Registered Luser
2,121 Posts
^are there enough trails like that at mcnutt to spend the day? *It has a reputation of being pretty gnarly and most of the vids people post are of large rocks and fallen trees all covered in slime. *

·
TeaBagger
542 Posts

Why I said from the start the camera angle SUCKS on that video, new phone case I was getting used to and have figured out since.

Guy on the Husky I had only met literally 2 minutes before video started and he showed me down the trail so I cannot speak for them.

Nice vid Bandito looks like ya sure had a good time. :)

·
Registered
8,809 Posts
Why I said from the start the camera angle SUCKS on that video, new phone case I was getting used to and have figured out since.
hahahah.. see i have a short attention span but i'm very good at sticking my big ol' boot in my mouth!! :D

sorry but its a big personal pet peeve of mine... gives me headaches watching stuff like that as there is no reference to where you are, its all just dirt.

·
TeaBagger
542 Posts
hahahah.. see i have a short attention span but i'm very good at sticking my big ol' boot in my mouth!! :D

sorry but its a big personal pet peeve of mine... gives me headaches watching stuff like that as there is no reference to where you are, its all just dirt.
No offence taken, I'm actually going to redo the video on that trail to have things proper sometime this spring if I'm still in the Lower Mainland.

·
Registered
18,879 Posts
^are there enough trails like that at mcnutt to spend the day? *It has a reputation of being pretty gnarly and most of the vids people post are of large rocks and fallen trees all covered in slime. *
Yes there are lots of really good trails. Just get a trail map. It's definately not novice friendly and some of the trails are very technical and somewhat
expert only. You can go down them and find yourself not able to get out if you aren't a very skilled rider. I've ridden all the trails there, at least that
were open and didn't need trail maintenance with a chainsaw. It's the best technical riding area around.

·
Registered
8,230 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
I've heard of and seen McNutt before. It reminds me of the crap areas around Prince Rupert I used to ride. Wet slimey tree trunks & roots, rock, rotting organics, wet bogs, ravines so deep they had to pipe in the sunlight. I spent years in that mess. Fun on a light and friendly powered 250 or 400, I was on a Big Red Pig - an XR650R. Doable, but a real fight from start to finish. And I'm back on one again.

I don't want much. Dryish, loamy soil. Perfect take offs and landings. A few sandy bottomed streams. Nicely packed berms. No crowds. A decent restaurant mid route that does free tire changes. Swedish massage at the end. Just the simple things, that's all I need. :thumbup

·
Registered
mecedes benz c180 2013 w204
1 Posts
I've heard of and seen McNutt before. It reminds me of the crap areas around Prince Rupert I used to ride. Wet slimey tree trunks & roots, rock, rotting organics, wet bogs, ravines so deep they had to pipe in the sunlight. I spent years in that mess. Fun on a light and friendly powered 250 or 400, I was on a Big Red Pig - an XR650R. Doable, but a real fight from start to finish. And I'm back on one again.

I don't want much. Dryish, loamy soil. Perfect take offs and landings. A few sandy bottomed streams. Nicely packed berms. No crowds. A decent restaurant mid route that does free tire changes. Swedish massage at the end. Just the simple things, that's all I need. :thumbup
XR650R had for years. Gives such a nice vibe

1 - 17 of 17 Posts