BC Sport Bikes Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
11,614 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Can't remember if anyone posted up about this.
Here's the details for this 20th annual event:

Fraser Valley Toy Run
Sunday, Oct. 15
Assembly points:
• North side of river: Mission, Liquidation World parking lot, depart 9:30 a.m.
• South side of river: Sears parking lot, Luckakuck Way, Chilliwack, leave 9:30 a.m.
Both groups will congregate in Abby, if past practices are followed.

No entry fee, just bring a new unwrapped toy for the kids. Donated toys are distributed through the Christmas Bureau.

·
Waiting for the sun
502 Posts
Right now it looks like the weather-person is predicting rain for sunday, but it will take a lot more than a little water to stop me.

·
PAyne
1,122 Posts
bah,

I'm getting the bike a day before. Rain, snow and Ice usually dont stop me!

I've always wanted to do the toy run!

·
Waiting for the sun
502 Posts
I have to say that I'm a little disappointed with the turnout of sport-bikes (or lack there of) at the Fraser Valley Toy Run.

IMHO the FV toy run is a way better planned event than the Vancouver toy run. They give out a bunch of door prizes, as well as awards to the youngest and oldest riders.......
......sad that you guys can't even cowboy up enough to keep up with an 81yr. old man

I don't know how many years he's been riding for, but the fact that at the age of 81 and he's still throwing his leg over a FJR in the pissing rain to give some less fortunate kids a toy makes a lot of you guys on this site look like wimps.

I would like to challenge everyone on this site, in the lower mainland, to show me wrong next year. As soon as I find out the details of when the ride will be next year, I will post them up.....Its for a good cause and non-riders get to see that we do care, maybe even think that not every person on a sport-bike is a punk.

·
Registered
11,614 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Rain keeps me away. Oh yeah, and the fact I promised to help someone clean up from his charity poker tournament that morning.

·
truth seeker
527 Posts
I was there with 2 other sport bikes this year in the rain but I tell you it is always a good run, lots of coffee and donuts!! Maybee 10 sportish bikes out of 600. Can you say pussies?

·
Registered
11,614 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Yes, I can. Pussies.
Oooh, I feel all excited now! :D

1 - 8 of 8 Posts