BC Sport Bikes Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am thinking of getting a:

http://www.scorpioalarms.com/sr-i500.aspx

Problem is a live in on the 7th floor of a concrete tower. My bike in the underground parkade on the 3rd level.

Wondering if someone with this EXACT same alarm would like to run a few tests to see if the remote unit will receive signals.

A couple 6 packs of beer of your choice are your reward.

Send me a PM if anyone can help me out.

·
Registered
123 Posts
buddy - buy a big FCUK OFF chain and tie u'r bike up - bike alarms dont work - all u want is a deterant so the skum bag junkies will move on to an easier target. save u'r money and buy more beer

·
Registered
11,614 Posts
I can almost guarantee it won't work. Sounds like too much shit in the way.

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #4 (Edited)
samsonlang said:
buddy - buy a big FCUK OFF chain and tie u'r bike up - bike alarms dont work - all u want is a deterant so the skum bag junkies will move on to an easier target. save u'r money and buy more beer
Already have that part covered. Disc lock on front. Big ass chain thru rear tire and around a 2'x3' concrete pillar. But it being in an underground parkade if someone really wants to get at it I am sure they can work there way thru the locks some how. I just want to know that some one is dicking with my bike so I can grab my Easton and come down and advise them of the ramifications of doing so. More security will not hurt

SpideRider said:
I can almost guarantee it won't work. Sounds like too much shit in the way.
I was thinking too much also but its not gonna hurt to try.

S

·
0 Posts
samsonlang said:

guess you don't know how easy it is to cut through 99% of chains. i'd help you out with the testing but the bike's still apart.

·
Registered
185 Posts
I have the sr-i500 and live on the 4th floor of a concrete building. Bike is in the parkade.

I can generally get a signal from the 1st and 2nd floors. But have to go close to the window on the 4th floor to get a signal.

Without concrete barrier or other obstacles it works for close to 1km. And the Perimeter sensor is good for keeping fucktards from sitting on it while I’m away. But yeah it’s just a deterrent.

Can I get my prize now?

1 - 6 of 6 Posts