BC Sport Bikes Forum banner

21 - 26 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
2,730 Posts
$10k bikes or other toys
$10k travel
$10k smart, adult spending... pay off debt, invest, fix the house etc.

I wouldn't look to hard at the mortgage... so cheap these days, the money is better spent on an even moderate return investment. *

·
Registered
547 Posts
if you're into Heavy metal, make absolutely sure to catch the trip during their major festival..
We went to Airwaves last november, it was so very impressive. The pass was about $200, but there were hundreds of performances in hostels, restaurants, stores you name it. None of those performances cost a cent. It is certainly a great time, especially if you don't want to be driving around the country. The Metal festival, as I remember, is all on the east side of the country, so you almost have to rent a car and it's not even close to cheap.

·
Registered
69 Posts
Discussion Starter #24 (Edited)
That bullion trick was pretty cool, Steve G. That was a damn smart move on your part. *Unfortunately I believe that ship has saiiled, does anyone really think precious metals will take another jump like that?

Bandito ...... the Area 27 member ship is something I hadn't thought of. Now there is a tempting idea.

YoungLion ....... the breakdown you gave is not bad. I like old Ducatis but not those slab sided things. That whole generation leaves me cold. I mean the older ones. I'm a fan of the earlier round case stuff.

I've had several friends travel to Iceland in the past 12 months. There must be something there. However a dedicated metal fest would be too much for me.

Bacchus, I look at a mortgage as inevitable as death and taxes. To the point that I'm considering putting the money down on another property to use as a rental. But this would be a short term (4-5 years) place to park the money. I don't see real estate prices dropping anytime soon and a condo in the LMD south of the Fraser should show modest returns.

Decisions, decisions. There are worse problems. I like hearing others ideas.

·
Registered
8,706 Posts
The Metal festival, as I remember, is all on the east side of the country, so you almost have to rent a car and it's not even close to cheap.
yes i believe it is on the East side, my buddy showed me pics.. i dont know what it cost though

Bacchus, I look at a mortgage as inevitable as death and taxes. To the point that I'm considering putting the money down on another property to use as a rental. But this would be a short term (4-5 years) place to park the money. I don't see real estate prices dropping anytime soon and a condo in the LMD south of the Fraser should show modest returns.

:thumbup

21 - 26 of 26 Posts