BC Sport Bikes Forum banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Super Moderator
5,114 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm thinking of running my bike out at mission on the dragstrip this friday at the street legal event. The event ends at 10pm, lots of cars out there, and a few bikes probably. I know a few guys expressed some interest in coming out to watch.... I'll be following my buddy out who is going to run his mr2 as well, so the plan is to leave around 4:30pm.

it's 5 bucks for spectators, which gets you access to the pit area, lots of crazy cars there.

·
Registered
4,209 Posts
how much if you want to drag race ? you and me ? I will put my stock exhaust back on....give me better power too, since my bike isn't rejetted right now

·
Devil's Advocate
1,765 Posts
I'd be into going but probably can't leave till 6:30-7:00 since I work out in langley and may not have my bike with me.

If anybody wants to get a second wave together to meet up with the rest give me a shout.

·
Registered
872 Posts
im in, I posted this also just now, oops.

Racing is $20

spectating is $5

gates open at 4:40 or so and racing starts at 6

if you plan on racing be there at 4:30 if you can (I will be leaving at 4:30 since I work till 3:00)

·
Super Moderator
5,114 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Human said:
how much if you want to drag race ? you and me ? I will put my stock exhaust back on....give me better power too, since my bike isn't rejetted right now
like jonathan posted above, 20bucks.

I'd love to race other 600s, since i'll get waxxed by the litre bikes, plus i'm just a lowely newbie, so I need other newbies to race so I dont look bad hehehee :)

X

·
0 Posts
Where does everyone want to meet? At Mission, or say the 232nd Chevron or something.. I'm flexible on time if someone wants company for the ride to mission.

·
Registered
872 Posts
Xyban said:
Where does everyone want to meet? At Mission, or say the 232nd Chevron or something.. I'm flexible on time if someone wants company for the ride to mission.
232nd...

sounds fine, I like taking the mount leighman exit as its the fastest way there (and has a neat twisty section with the worst blind corner in BC !)

·
Super Moderator
5,114 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
232 will do. most of us plan on leavin around 4:30, so 4:50-5 or so at 232.

·
Registered
872 Posts
thing is that racing starts at 6 and tech inspection starts at 4:30 and can take 1/2 an hour cause of the line, so im going to meet at 232nd but not wait around.:rider

·
Registered
4,209 Posts
tech. inspec. ? what does that invlove ? I don't think I am going to be able to make any bike ride this Friday....

·
Super Moderator
5,114 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
if you plan on running, you will need to run a safety dead man kill switch, via a teather, so if you fall off the bike, it will shut the bike off ala a Jetski.

D

·
0 Posts
I am in, but I probley won't be able to meet until about 4:30 if it is in bby somewhere or 4:45 on the highway out in surry langley somewhere. Anyone intrested?

Dafnip

I am CANADIAN!!!!

·
Super Moderator
5,114 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Dafnip said:
I am in, but I probley won't be able to meet until about 4:30 if it is in bby somewhere or 4:45 on the highway out in surry langley somewhere. Anyone intrested?

Dafnip

I am CANADIAN!!!!
I believe there might be a second group headin out around that time, if not, then just head down to the track and meet us there.

D

·
0 Posts
Well I'll be there for sure.. my buddy runs his car down there every friday when the weather is nice,.. and yea there definatly are a few bikes that race too!

L

·
0 Posts
Buellin

I'm going to try and meet you all out at 232. New to this website.

Currently i am waiting for a set of wheelie bars out of the states and then i am going to take a run at draggin my Buell (stock) at mission. Probably be set to go by middle may.:rider

·
Super Moderator
5,114 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
ok, the plan is 4:30pm at the 232 chevron, you guys get there at 4:00-4:15pm if you can, cause jonathan and I wont be waiting pass 4:30pm, we need to get our bikes thru the inspection so we can race em, so if your gonna be late, just head down to mission and look for us in the pit area.

www.missionraceway.com

for more details on how to get there if you are heading down after.

D

·
0 Posts
Well I'll will already be down at the track,.. Either on my GF's,. red ex500(and NO i will not be racing that) or pasenger in my buddies Yellow Chevy Nova,.. either way I'll keep my eyes out for you guys and pop by for a 'hello'

S

·
0 Posts
hey CG i will mett u guys at 232nd at around 415 - 430, i will drive my little baby civic. My cousin manny told me about the event, so i will mett u guys there and follow u guys. Manny is coming too after he takes hid road test in burnaby. i hate cages, but i must do with one for now till i can buy my bike.;)

:rider

1 - 20 of 27 Posts