BC Sport Bikes Forum banner

1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Registered
3,815 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anybody wanna go for a long ride down to Whidbey Island and over the Keystone / Port Townsend ferry to the Olympic Peninsula? Be ready to cross the Pacific Highway border crossing at 10am so we can take the 12:30pm ferry from Keystone. Any takers?:rider

·
Registered
387 Posts
First of all is Whidbey Island near Vancouver Island? Second, how long will this ride be? I have to work at 6:30 pm that night in Vancouver but would love to go. Do you think that we would be back in time? Hopefully we will be. By the way, how much is the ferry toll?

·
Registered
387 Posts
Jared said:
First of all is Whidbey Island near Vancouver Island? Second, how long will this ride be? I have to work at 6:30 pm that night in Vancouver but would love to go. Do you think that we would be back in time? Hopefully we will be. By the way, how much is the ferry toll?

Ahhh, I feel like an idiot, Whidbey island is near Seattle. Oh well that probably means that I won't be able to make the ride, but if anyones done it could you tell me how long it takes, I just want to go darnit!

·
Registered
3,815 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
The ferry toll is $5 or $5.50 US, and I don't think I'll be back in time for you to work, but you could always come as far as Port Townsend for lunch and then return on the next ferry.

·
Registered
387 Posts
Good Idea, I would love to!

·
Registered
387 Posts
One more thing, what time in the morning would you we be leaving at for the border and where would we meet for that?

·
Registered
4,209 Posts
Lloyd I got no idea where that border crossing is, excatly how long do you figure the ride to be ? I am in....but also need to go to work at night and will be working the night before....so would like to get some sleep as well....let me know....

·
Registered
3,815 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Pacific Highway Border crossing is the one at 176thst St. We need to be there at 10am to make the 12:30 ferry comfortably. If you wish to return from Keystone you'll be home at about 2-3pm, if you come to Port Townsend and have lunch, then go home you'll be home at about 5pm. If you ride the Peninsula down to Bremerton and then home, you'll get home about 8-9pm.

·
Devil's Advocate
1,765 Posts
Is there a map of this ride? I'm not too familiar with the route.

·
Registered
3,815 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
It's a bit lean on details, but here you go. The first one is the Whidbey Island route with Keystone as the destination.

·
Registered
3,815 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
...and this one is the Peninsula portion. If you'd like, I'll make some photocopies of the road map for you.

·
Devil's Advocate
1,765 Posts
Hey thanks, I just needed the gist of it but the more info the better to help come ride time if people get messed up. :)

I probably can't make it myself, but it sounds like a fun route to try in the future.

·
Registered
387 Posts
Human said:
Lloyd I got no idea where that border crossing is, excatly how long do you figure the ride to be ? I am in....but also need to go to work at night and will be working the night before....so would like to get some sleep as well....let me know....
Hey Human, I'm also working the night before and Friday night so I was wondering if you want to go on the ride and then head back a bit early with me since we both have to work Friday night. Planning to be back aroung five or so.

·
Registered
3,815 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Did ja ever notice that it's always the Kawie owners who are interested in the long rides. Must be something to do with that legendary comfort.:D

·
Registered
2,385 Posts
Hu99 said:
Did ja ever notice that it's always the Kawie owners who are interested in the long rides. Must be something to do with that legendary comfort.:D
Did ja ever notice the rest of us have M-F jobs.. :p

Jim.

·
Super Moderator
5,114 Posts
Hu99 said:
but ya sacrifice handling for comfort, i'd take handling thank you :)

:laughing :laughing

sounds like it's gonna be a fun ride though.

·
Registered
4,209 Posts
Big Jim said:

Did ja ever notice the rest of us have M-F jobs.. :p

Jim.

umm....did ya notice I am working 9 eight hour shifts in a week and yet I still go for long rides ?

·
Registered
4,209 Posts
Canadian_Gixxer said:

but ya sacrifice handling for comfort, i'd take handling thank you :)

:laughing :laughing

sounds like it's gonna be a fun ride though.

handling HAHAHAHA that's really funny CG - is that why GSXRs come with steering dampers ????? LOL....handling....that's a good one....

1 - 20 of 33 Posts