BC Sport Bikes Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i got a new front fork stand for my bike. it picks up from the bottom of the fork, does anyone know how to use it, i am having trouble with it .. it seems to hard to fit and lift.

D

·
0 Posts
first you need to bend it so that the legs match your fork width. you turn it on its side and either push or pull on it.

there should be a nipple on each leg. those should be centered with your forks. there are two holes (hopefully) on the bottom of your forks that those nipples go into.

you hold the stand at an angle, put the edge of the stand under the forks, and push down to slide it underneath, lifting the front of the bike in the process.

it is best done when the bike is already on a rear stand. i don't think anyone would say do it without a rear stand.

·
Premium Member
11,195 Posts
doug said:
....it is best done when the bike is already on a rear stand. i don't think anyone would say do it without a rear stand.
Certainly not me. Downright wobbly it would be. Hopefully you have a rear stand to use as well.

S

·
0 Posts
Jesus! That sounds like a lot of fun. I bought a front and rear stand from 5th gear to store my bike on for the winter. Rear stand was wobbly enough, so she just sits on that. I had no idea how to get the front on. I have the fork one too with the nipples, I found the holes under my forks. But I have no idea how to get it up. I am scared too because my rear stand shifts when I put the bike on it, lol. Someone should make a pathetic demo vid or something, lol!

S

·
0 Posts
Awesome, thanks Kamen. I'll have to check that when I'm not at work ^ ^

S

·
0 Posts
Oh yea, My front stand doesn't do that. Seems too high, I can't just roll it under the forks because of the nipple shape. Any suggestions?

K

·
0 Posts
StagnantWaterPo said:
Oh yea, My front stand doesn't do that. Seems too high, I can't just roll it under the forks because of the nipple shape. Any suggestions?

hey Stag....are your stand nipples adjustable?(cant believe I just asked that) as I can back out the allen screws on the stand so that they just catch the fork holes on my R6, I then hold the top part of the rim(front tire) and carefully lift and angle the stand under the forks. the direction you push is the same as putting the bike on the rear stand. I first tried this with help from a friend but can successfully do it on my own now with no problems: eek .....

S

·
0 Posts
No I do not think it is adjustable. I wish I had a digi camera to show you. It comes in 3 pieces. I set the stand beside my bike and the angle of the forks look as though they will fit perfectly once the bike is on. I am just confused, because when I try to grab from underneath, it totally warps the angle I am going at, and therefor cannot grab the bottom of my forks. I as almost thinking if I had some kind of ramp, or was able to lift it on, then just sit it on the stand, but then that brings into question, taking it down. So I am at a loss...

1 - 9 of 9 Posts