BC Sport Bikes Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I wanted to get everyone’s opinion on front wheel chocks. I would like to buy one and was wondering what everyone would recommend? I have seen a couple and the the one I am interested in is the Baxley Sport Wheel Chock but it’s like $350. I was wondering what you all are using for this if at all. I have paddock stands front and rear but would like the wheel chock to help do suspension set-up etc as I am planning on doing some track days. Thanks.

·
Registered
8,227 Posts
I grabbed a pair off of Amazon for $80/each delivered. Work like a hot damn.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I grabbed a pair off of Amazon for $80/each delivered. Work like a hot damn.
Which brand did you go with. I have heard a lot of negative things about a bunch of them well the ones that are less expensive. Again that could just be people trying to push more expensive products.

·
Member #899
2,611 Posts
I bought my Baxley many years ago. It's a very solid stand and I've seen the knock offs and they don't seem as robust to me. The Baxley has some weight to it so doesn't move much when loading the front tire into it. My 2 cents

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I bought my Baxley many years ago. It's a very solid stand and I've seen the knock offs and they don't seem as robust to me. The Baxley has some weight to it so doesn't move much when loading the front tire into it. My 2 cents

Thanks what I have heard. I may just go with a Baxley as they seem to be extreamely solid overall.

Thanks

·
Registered
987 Posts
Ship it to Blaine or Point Roberts and bring it across the border yourself.

·
Registered
8,227 Posts
Which brand did you go with. I have heard a lot of negative things about a bunch of them well the ones that are less expensive. Again that could just be people trying to push more expensive products.
Some generic Chinese made one. No where near the Gucci factor and finish of the Baxley but at 1/4 the price I wasn't expecting it.

As for solidity, they held my VFR1200 and my CB350/4 upright in a United Van Lines tractor trailer driven by a moron over 700 km of Hwy 3. Works for me.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Some generic Chinese made one. No where near the Gucci factor and finish of the Baxley but at 1/4 the price I wasn't expecting it.

As for solidity, they held my VFR1200 and my CB350/4 upright in a United Van Lines tractor trailer driven by a moron over 700 km of Hwy 3. Works for me.
Lol I figured they all will work. I just like to buy quality stuff that’s going to last so I don’t end up re-buying it down the road in like a year. I will see if I can get one over the Christmas break at a good price. That you everyone for the info it’s greatly appreciated.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts