BC Sport Bikes Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Now accepting DONATIONS!
425 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
If you can, insure your ride before the 15th of this month (march) and you won't be subject to the rate hikes that are happening. I think it's 6% additional cost outta your pocket as of wednesday this week!!

Come on tax rebate....better hope it comes in quick:rockon

Pete

·
Registered
495 Posts
Thanks for the heads up, forgot about that. I was thinking on waiting a few more weeks but what the hell got my tax return just burning a hole in my pocket easy come easy ICBC money.

·
Now accepting DONATIONS!
425 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
exactly!! that's what i'd like to do...just hovering around the mail box for it to arrive!

·
Bring on the sun
2,078 Posts
It's just on basic insurance so I don't think it'll make too much of a diff...won't really be worth it in the end if I hold off for a couple more weeks instead.

·
Now accepting DONATIONS!
425 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
true story....was still a good excuse to insure the bike! damn tax man hasn't given my money to me yet! CRAP....looks like I'll pay more!

Pete

·
Regurgitated User
741 Posts
The 6% is only an additional $33 over 6 months for me. Insuring it a month early/additional month is $145. In my case it's not worth it.

·
Twin A
8,019 Posts
I renewed my insurance yesterday, ended up being a whole $2.00 cheaper. why? dunno

D

·
0 Posts
i don't think it's a question of the miniscule savings, it's more of the principal of the matter.

icbc has a record profit. they say they are giving out rebates. has anyone even gotten one? i know i haven't. so they are sitting on a ton of cash, and now they want more? i don't give a flying fuck how bad their investments may have done, they should be taking it out of the investor's fees, not my wallet!

·
X-nasty
2,287 Posts
I did mine on Saturday as 6% is over $100 to me. I was going to insure anyway though.

M

·
0 Posts
doug said:
i don't think it's a question of the miniscule savings, it's more of the principal of the matter.

icbc has a record profit. they say they are giving out rebates. has anyone even gotten one? i know i haven't. so they are sitting on a ton of cash, and now they want more? i don't give a flying fuck how bad their investments may have done, they should be taking it out of the investor's fees, not my wallet!
yes, i actually recive couple houndread for the rebates:p

·
X-nasty
2,287 Posts
doug said:

My wife got a rebate of $170 for the car (see insures the car under her name). Last year rebates were given on OPTIONAL coverage only, so just collsion and comprehensive.

This year they have raise rates on BASIC insurance only.

·
Now accepting DONATIONS!
425 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Pluto said:
The 6% is only an additional $33 over 6 months for me. Insuring it a month early/additional month is $145. In my case it's not worth it.
yes, so you save $33 bux, and ride for a month longer! why is this a bad thing? Oh yeah, and since you'd probably insure for 7 months rather than 6, the savings would be greater!!! good deal if you ask me!

Pete

1 - 14 of 14 Posts