BC Sport Bikes Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Black on black crime
873 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I went into Richmond Motorsports today, and tried some gear out. I really liked this pair of Axo gloves I tried on. Had carbon fibre over all the knuckles, and they fit REALLY well. Anyone use these? Also, what I really want some info on, is the Gaerne Shockwave RR boots. Are they any good? They have a pair there in my size, and are marked down to 259.00 from 550! Are they worth the coin? They have carbon fibre inserts for ankle support and protection. Pictures here if you havent seen them before: http://www.corsaro.hu/gaerne/

Anyone have experience with these or Gaerne boots? Or with Richmond Motorsports? If everyone gives me the go ahead, Im gonna pick these boots up on Monday, otherwise, looking for other options!

·
Black on black crime
873 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Haha, nevermind about the boots! I just talked to a friend of mine, and he is selling me his near mint Sidi stivali vertebra carbon boots for 150 bucks!

·
Why me?
875 Posts
I own the boots. They are constructed very well. The disadvantage is that the toe area is quite high. You will definately have to adjust the pedal location thru the shifter rod. They are probably not that comfortable to walk around in as well. They have ankle kevlar plates because the boot is more racer oriented than street riding. I love them and they have saved my ankle getting hurt with the bike falling on me. Sidi's are another logical purchase and are probably better for walking around town in.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts