BC Sport Bikes Forum banner

1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
2,676 Posts
They had some problems in the past.

The new lines they put out are allot better.

They are very good on getting new lines out quickly if there is a problem.

·
Not wearing pants.
3,387 Posts
Not too many other choices; HEL went out of business, so its Galfer, Speigler or Goodridge. They're all quality.

·
Registered
2,676 Posts
is there some part number difference between the old and new lines?

or how do you tell the difference.

when we order them we have them made to order direct from galfer.

we do not bring them from the distributor as they may have the old lines.

·
Ride the winds of change
1,994 Posts
Galfers customer service is top notch. Purchased a line at Laguna Seca. Did not use the line for a full year. Went to put it on and the line was 10" too long. Talked to customer service and they sent me a new line pronto.

·
Registered
564 Posts
I received a gift certificate for Christmas and one of the items I'm considering ordering are a set of these brake lines for my cbr f4i. Curious if there's any newer relevant feedback or info on these? *I'll assume the old lines referenced in this thread are long gone.*

Some forums seem to frown upon bumping old threads while others encourage it over repeat subjects. Not sure on the etiquette here?*

·
Registered
8,741 Posts

·
Beer League Racer/Asshole
5,206 Posts
I received a gift certificate for Christmas and one of the items I'm considering ordering are a set of these brake lines for my cbr f4i. Curious if there's any newer relevant feedback or info on these? *I'll assume the old lines referenced in this thread are long gone.*

Some forums seem to frown upon bumping old threads while others encourage it over repeat subjects. Not sure on the etiquette here?*
Having raced a F4i, I can easily say, that better brake lines will help. The brakes are complete and utter shit as stock on these bikes, so anything you can do will help! As far as doing a necro post like this? This forum is dead with the exception of about 30 of us, so really, if any of us get mad over it, it really doesn't matter TBH...forums are dead man.

·
Registered
564 Posts
...forums are dead man.
Some more than others I guess. I always find the best info and most helpful and interesting people on forums it seems. But then at 44 years of age I'm a bit of a technological dinosaur already it would seem. *I prefer forums myself, and don't mind quiet ones. *Seems to be some quality posters here, knowledgeable and experienced. Why I keep poking in and posting here and there. I search a lot too, a wealth of information is stockpiled here.*

I appreciate the input on the lines SnoDragon, mine look to be stock. Thinking I may rebuild the master too.

*I will research those other brands too that you mentioned Bacchus. *

1 - 20 of 30 Posts