BC Sport Bikes Forum banner

21 - 30 of 30 Posts

·
Eh Muh Gawd Becky!!
6,648 Posts
I've used Galfer, Goodridge, HEL and Spiegler and all work the same. I've dealt with Spiegler for the past 8yrs and find them easy to talk to.

·
Registered
8,741 Posts
I've used Galfer, Goodridge, HEL and Spiegler and all work the same. I've dealt with Spiegler for the past 8yrs and find them easy to talk to.
yeh i figured that would be the case.. proper workmanship is common with all the top players.

i went with HEL 'cause my guy works close with them on custom builds. That and they came in YELLOW :coffee

·
Registered
564 Posts
I'm looking at ordering up some core moto brake lines. The price/availability seem decent. *One thing that seems odd is the length(s). They come it would appear in lengths from +1" over stock to +16" over stock. My bike is stock, I don't plan on bar risers or a stretched swing arm anytime soon, so I assume the shortest option of +1" is what I would be after?

·
Registered
8,741 Posts
yeh thats a little odd, as long as your banjos all line up properly you should not have a problem.. +1 sounds like it would work..

on my R1 i went with 'stock' length but split the two calipers with their own dedicated hose...

even so i can run risers easily, i dont know if this is the case on others

·
Registered
564 Posts
Unfortunately this caused me to hesitate on ordering. Then our tv blew up, now my work has been curtailed for two weeks. Soooo my personal safety has had to take a backseat for now!:hopmad

·
Registered
564 Posts
Yah, try riding around on ones that I'm quite convinced are 18 years old. Reassuring feeling. *I've inspected them closely and they aren't visibly degraded/cracked, so atleast I have that.*

·
Registered
564 Posts
*Yah. My brakes are keeping monkeys happy on a regular basis for sure.*

I'll have to do it over the winter it looks like though. *

21 - 30 of 30 Posts