BC Sport Bikes Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
H2O Turbo Fitness
91 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
In my conversation with Squire about a ride, I learned that 1) the thread was from 2007 lol... and 2) the gal who originally posted it, Julia Sit, passed away in a motorcycle accident. From what Squire said about her, she sounds like someone I would love to hear some stories about.

This got me thinking... Like finishing Jana's ride, I'd love to finish that ride in the thread started! Then a couple of the Island gals said they were thinking about a gals ride weekend... and here it is!

Dates (2 days, 1 night) on Sept. 17-18 - destination TBA. What I need to know is where people want to go, if they want to camp or stay in a hotel/motel. We'll fill in stuff from there. I'd like to throw in some hot springs in there too if possible!

·
H2O Turbo Fitness
91 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Okay gals! From the feedback we got, the Van Isle/Sunshine Coast Circle Route is the vote! That also gives the option to either Island or Mainland gals to just to one side or the other, tho I would HIGHLY recommend at least coming over for one of the top three roads on the Island: the Gold River Run!

The route will be to come from Van to Vic if coming from the mainland, meet up with the Vic crew, do the Port Renfrew-Cowichan run, head up-Island via the coast roads (read=spectacular view, and don't be surprised if we soar along with eagles along the oceanside!) to Campbell River (with a stop in Parksville for ice cream at the Ice Cream Shack, of course!). Fun night in Campbell River to ensue... Wake up on the 18th at a reasonable but not insane hour, ride the Gold River twisties - some of the best in BC! - for lunch, ride back to Comox, and either take the ferries to Horseshoe Bay/Van and either head home if you live there, or head back to the Island (unless you opt for a night in Van!).

Those who want to stay in a hotel can stay at the Coast Hotel (right in shoppers' row - http://www.coasthotels.com/hotels/canada/bc/campbell_river/coast_discovery/overview).

Those camping can stay at the Elk Falls Campground http://www.env.gov.bc.ca/bcparks/explore/parkpgs/elk_falls/#Location just 3km from the hotel.

**If there are enough gals interested, I may be able to secure a B&B (or two) for cheap - with a hot tub! LET ME KNOW**

There are some great restaurants in CR, so let's start making plans - would you let me know what your choice for food is from the top 10 Best in Campbell River?
http://www.urbanspoon.com/n/85/40533/British-Columbia/Campbell-River-restaurants

One way or another, we will arrange for transportation from dinner to hotel or campsite so those who want to have a couple glasses can, and we can all have a wonderfully relaxed and *FUN* night!

If people can let me know if they are coming or not via their RSVP to the Event (and if you are okay sharing a room/tent), I will coordinate rooms/tents (I have a 6-person tent we can use!) and keep costs as low as possible without reducing class or fun factor!

We've got some awesome stuff planned for the night of the 17th, so please RSVP via the Facebook Event or this thread asap!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts