BC Sport Bikes Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Wear proper gear pls ;)
1,822 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi everybody, I have this program on my new laptop that I don't have the foggiest clue on how to use. I have been trying to play with it here and there and I have searched the internet for a tutorial but as it is new and Mac's are not the most popular, I am having no luck.

Does anyone else have this program and would be willing to give me a quick lesson? Maybe meet for coffee at Starbucks and I will bring my laptop with me? Please let me know if you have any experience with this program and would be willing to assist.

Much appreciated!

·
BCSB Public Relations
10,297 Posts
Haven't seen this app before, but from a quick glance it looks pretty nice. Downloading it now.

The idea should be pretty similar to MapSource on PC:
- Create a route in the aplication
- Transfer route to the GPS
- Import the route on the GPS through the settings

Pretty simple :).

·
Wear proper gear pls ;)
1,822 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
The part I am finding confusing is working with creating the routes. I haven't actually got as far as finishing one and uploading it to the GPS itself.

I used MapSource before when I had a PC and I found it somewhat difficult to use but there are some things with this new Mac program that I don't get and likely with a little explanation/tutorial, I am sure like most Mac programs, it will be easier to use in the long run.

·
BCSB Public Relations
10,297 Posts
I'm just playing around with it now - looks great. The interface looks lightyears ahead of of MapSource. My maps aren't "unlocked" (will do that sometime during the week) so I can't make any detailed routes, but in general things look great and pretty slick. Will report back when I get more time in with it :).

·
Posing with conviction
5,397 Posts
Hi Jody,

Long time no see... Just installed RoadTrip on my Mac. And yes there is no user manual installed, however, there is a rudimentary help system installed. If you haven't found it, have a look at the left hand side of the of the menu bar at the top of the screen. Go to Help > RoadTrip Help and it will give you some guidance.

I had given up on Garmin releasing MapSource for the Mac so I am glad you posted this up.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts