BC Sport Bikes Forum banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
192 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What is your Mpg? With todays rising gas prices looks like we will all be riding our bikes a lot more!! Anyone know what the Mpg would be on an 05 600RR?

·
Registered
11,614 Posts
I think it really depends on where/how you ride. Same as cars.

·
Magyar ember
431 Posts
I dont know exactly but its not very much. I ride the pee outta my bike and I just fill 'er up when its empty! I dont really use the bike for commuting around town so I dont really pay attention. I'm not trying to sound like an ass but....I didnt buy the bike to try and save at the fuel pump. Its quite the opposite, I put about 14-17 bux in 'er every other day or so.

·
Registered
2,590 Posts
You’d think bikes would be far better than cars but quite often they are not, the new Toyota Yaris (for example) is pretty amazing and you can take four people rain or shine. I have a 2004 Mazda Miata and if I am light-footed it’s great.

Even though the 2006 Yaris is slightly bigger and heavier than the car it replaces, the 2005 Echo Hatchback, the Yaris is still one of the most fuel-efficient cars in Canada. Equipped with the standard manual transmission, fuel consumption is a miserly 6.9 L/100 km (41 mpg) City, and 5.5 L/100 km (51 mpg) Highway. That compares to the Echo Hatchback's 6.7 L/100 km (42 mpg) City, and 5.2 L/100 km (54 mpg) Highway.
http://www.canadiandriver.com/testdrives/06yaris.htm

If driven in the exact same manner AFAICT the Yaris (for example) will still beat lots of bikes. I figure it’s due to streamlining and an engine designed for efficiency rather than performance.

My wife’s 400 cc single cylinder Burgman does better though, as it’s more streamlined and it’s engine is not high performance.

OTOH my old 1980 KZ440 LTD gets a lot better mileage (under the exact same conditions) than my 2004 VFR ABS.

·
Registered
3,223 Posts
a 1981 Honda CB400 I had was in range of 6 or 7L/100km in the city
My 1999 Honda Shadow 750cc got 4.5 to 5L/100km in the city.
Different bikes, different riding styles, different purpouse, different motors.

Basically a high revving sport bike motor is not designed for fuel economy.
that horsepower must come from somewhere...

·
Registered
2,590 Posts
elevation said:
www.canadiandriver.com <----- GREAT SITE

$10 gets me 160kms. I usually put around 9 litres in it. It is not "Toyota Yaris gas mileage" but there is no way you would ever see me in one of those! *BARF*
Yeah it is a cool site. That's why I have my 2002 Mazda Miata, top down is OK! A hell of a lot more fun than a Toyota Yaris and if gas prices go to hell, I'll be OK sort'a.

According to canadiandriver.com my Miata gets:
City: 10.4L/100km (27 mpg)
Highway: 7.8 L/100 km (36 mpg)
Fuel: Premium

·
Mmm...beer
2,144 Posts
I get just over 200 kms per tank on my GSXR750, it has a pretty agressive tune on it though.

·
Bring on the sun
2,078 Posts
My gas light goes on usually right on 150km...I guess I can go to about 180km before it's bone dry. Sometimes the gas light goes on at like 120km if I've been riding her real hard.

·
retired panda racer...~_~
740 Posts
5-6L/100km with some more spirited riding ;)

·
Thanks for that...
672 Posts
Wow 6 L for 100km. Must be nice, that bike have an 18 litre tank like the rest of us? Every penny counts on gas these days...

S

·
0 Posts
i can get anywhere from 190-250 kms on an 18L tank on a gsxr1k. pretty decent cuz i'll fuckin pay for the fun. who the fuck needs amusement rides anymore?

·
ninja machinist
3,103 Posts
My gas gage blinks at usually about 180kms. If I've been doing lot's of wheelies then sometime it'll go at about 150/160.

·
Meh... that's nice...
518 Posts
I usually fill up at about 140kms - that's without going onto reserve and filling up full is about 9L on my bike.

1 - 20 of 27 Posts