BC Sport Bikes Forum banner

1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Premium Member
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
http://ps3.ign.com/articles/697/697658p1.html

PS3 news coming out all over now.

I won't make an attempt at saying how much I think this is going to squish Microsoft's attempt at a second gen XBOX, but .. well.. ok maybe I will.

I don't think we'll see much until E3. But man.. I can't wait for this badboy to come out.

·
Registered
819 Posts
Those graphics are simply stunning. They have the Xbox covered easily.

I couldn't believe this game. The real time rut creation in the dirt is just sick.

·
Premium Member
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Furious Fiero said:
Sounds cool...but it will still cost twice as much as a 360. I will stick with the 360...just waiting for more games now.
Every game I've played for the 360 so far has been a huge disappointment. Even the die hard XBOX fans I've spoken with have agreed that the games are more like XBOX 1.5 games.

I don't think the PS3 is going to cost $1000 - they woudln't sell any.

It's going to be $500, maybe $600 tops. I'd be *really* surprised if it cost mroe than that. And it's going to have a lot more to offer up for it. There's no question Microsoft will try and pull out some stops to get some of Sony's market come Christmas time - and with only 2 million units projected to ship by the end of year (and in the xmas season) worldwide - their's no doubt going to be shortages.

I think E3 will paint a much better picture with playable games, and much more video for us all to check out. I think what we'll see though is true PS3 graphics/physics/gameplay.. not PS2.5 graphics.

B

·
0 Posts
Crass Tengu said:
You guys sound like your in a sony cult, I still play my OLD xbox and seem to have fun. . .

graphics are overrated
true enough but wait until you play the new shit... it will blow u away

·
Premium Member
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Graphics are not overrated.

Dude, the only two games I play regularly are Gran Turismo 3 for PS2, and CS 1.6 (yes the old dated one) for PC. Why? Because both have terrific gameplay.

I may sound a bit cultish, but only because every XBOX/PS thread on this site seemed to lean towards their being a huge XBOX following.. for reasons I'm really unaware of. The gameplay is all on the PS - it's got the games that provide a far superior gameplay experience hands down.

I won't even bring Nintendo into the equation, but I think it's likely got them both beat.

·
Premium Member
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
And I might add.. playing stuff like Doom3 on my PC.. late at night.. 5.1 sound.

It's an experience. Again, the gameplay is there - but the graphics/detail/sound is what really brings you into the game.

·
Registered
11,614 Posts
I've been a faithful Sony cult member going on six years now. I plan to stay in the cult.
Xbox sucks. I can't wait for PS3 to get here so it can absolutely, without question, trounce the piss out of 360.

·
Registered
6,127 Posts
adamantium said:
http://ps3.ign.com/articles/697/697658p1.html

PS3 news coming out all over now.

I won't make an attempt at saying how much I think this is going to squish Microsoft's attempt at a second gen XBOX, but .. well.. ok maybe I will.

I don't think we'll see much until E3. But man.. I can't wait for this badboy to come out.
Im going to preorder 6 of them from a retailer at home when he starts taking deposits... keep one ebay the others. HAHAHA

Graphics arent overrated... but gameplay comes first IMO. Best motorcycle game hand down.

·
Registered
11,614 Posts
Sounds like you stole my plan! Bastard! I'll go halfers with ya. :D

·
Worst. Passenger. Ever.
943 Posts
sony's projecting 6 million units shipped by the end of 06 and i think a lot of people will be picking this up as a cheap blu-ray unit. most of the dev comments i've seen have stated that 360 and PS3 will be fairly similiar in performance though.

·
Posing with conviction
5,396 Posts
Apparently the PS3 is going to ship with a 60gig HD as standard and now they are planning a re-design of the banana/boomerang shaped controller that had the gaming community all a titter a few months back.

·
Registered
6,127 Posts
HAHAHA my friend is friends with the owner so once hes gives us the go ahead we are going to preorder 6. The nice thing is he'll hold em for us and wont sell em until we pay for em. Some places will sell them if you dont pick them up in the first week. Then you have to wait again.

·
Premium Member
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Yeah, E3 will reveal the real controller. I'm sure some know already, but NDA's prevent developers from talking about it at all.

I think preordering more than you're going to own yourself is selfish, but whatever. It will help the hype machine.

However, if they do ship 6million, I think you may also find yourself not being able to sell them for any profit at all.

·
Registered
11,614 Posts
I kinda liked the boomerang-shaped controller. :) Any other snaps of what the new one may look like? I can't really imagine it could be terribly different given human's hands haven't radically altered in the recent future. :D

·
Registered
6,127 Posts
adamantium said:
I think preordering more than you're going to own yourself is selfish, but whatever. It will help the hype machine.
Selfish? Wrong, Im greedy, get it right.

There is so much hype now that even if the ship 6 mill there will still be a shortage.

·
Get to da choppah!
1,133 Posts
adamantium said:
Every game I've played for the 360 so far has been a huge disappointment. QUOTE]

Really? My buddies and I rented one after x-mas and had a BLAST with Call of Duty (multiplayer).
Also, Project Gotham was just gorgeous! Didn't play enough to find out how good the game play was, but the sound and graphics were unbelievable.

Thing is, now a days, in order to really appreciate the systems, you need a progressive scan 1080i tv, with all your component video cables, etc. Luckily, my friend has just that :)

Personally, I'm starting to save now so that when PS3 comes out, I can get it and the home entertainment system to go with it :evilgrin

1 - 20 of 28 Posts