BC Sport Bikes Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i stored my bike inside for most of the winter. its been outside under cover for the last month. i went to warm it up the other day and everthing was fine except it was drippin a little anit freeze does anyone know how expensive this is to fix?? also does anyone know a cheap place to get my carbs and valves along with oil change and a filter change done. just a basic package. i ride a 99 cbr f4

Thanks

·
Registered
4 Posts
its dripping right at the point under the bike where the fairings meet at the very front near the tire

R

·
0 Posts
dripping anti freeze? you sure its not motor oil? maybe its just a loose bolt?

and did you store it properly? covered exhaust...no oil carbs and fuel stabalizers?

·
Premium Member
11,195 Posts
You can't diagnose or fix anything with the fairings on. First thing is to take 'em off and clean up the area unless it's really obvious where the leak is. From there do what is needed to fix it.

But it sounds more like you're a "take it in and leave the keys" sort of guy. Many of the regular shops have a pickup service.

Valves, carbs and oil is going to run a couple to three hun'. But why not phone your regular shop and ask? They are in a better position to tell you than we are.

As for the anti freeze leak most likely one of the rad hoses is just loose and needs tightening.

K

·
0 Posts
Oil and filter changes are always best DYI style as it is really simple to do. Why pay some the labour?

1 - 7 of 7 Posts