BC Sport Bikes Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello to the forum,

Its been a few years now and I find myself very much with the itch. I haven't thrown a leg over a sport bike since 2012 and have tried riding all other styles, but sportbike's are home for me. At 43 years old the voice of reason is strong in my head but the midlife crisis is stronger.

This is my attempt to re connect with the community and see if there are still spirited riders out there that enjoy a faster pace when time and place allows for it.

I've never been one of those (imo) delusional enthusiasts that thinks a sport bike is for a nice sunday cruise at posted speed limits. Too uncomfortable and basically laughable to think that anyone would throw on their stupid suit to ride to Starbucks to bench race and bitch about cagers.

Looking forward to hearing from the forum and maybe getting out for a ride this spring.

·
Registered
306 Posts
I'm 43 as well and the older I get, the slower I want to ride. I went on a few group rides about 5 years ago and said to myself..."forget this...I'm not getting caught up in this dick swinging contest". I figure that I'll crash if I try to keep up with the faster riders in a group. Good to hear that you're living it up for the rest of us old guys! I wish I could do the same.

·
Registered
1,764 Posts
Hello to the forum,

Its been a few years now and I find myself very much with the itch. I haven't thrown a leg over a sport bike since 2012 and have tried riding all other styles, but sportbike's are home for me. At 43 years old the voice of reason is strong in my head but the midlife crisis is stronger.

This is my attempt to re connect with the community and see if there are still spirited riders out there that enjoy a faster pace when time and place allows for it.

I've never been one of those (imo) delusional enthusiasts that thinks a sport bike is for a nice sunday cruise at posted speed limits. Too uncomfortable and basically laughable to think that anyone would throw on their stupid suit to ride to Starbucks to bench race and bitch about cagers.

Looking forward to hearing from the forum and maybe getting out for a ride this spring.
1 word KTM1190 at damn near 60 I can still mix it up with the sport bikes on this beast .

·
Original Pirate Material
1,071 Posts
1 word KTM1190 at damn near 60 I can still mix it up with the sport bikes on this beast .
I have one for sale in case anyone is interested. Never seen dirt and as above, it's a sport bike slayer.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Definitely a fun bike/style. Unfortunately for me, with 4 kids, 3 dogs, 3 sugar gliders and 5 indoor Rabbit's my budget is very limited... My price range with fetch me a gently used old tech litre bike at best... 05 ZX-10r is on my radar..

·
Registered
8,228 Posts
Definitely a fun bike/style. Unfortunately for me, with 4 kids, 3 dogs, 3 sugar gliders and 5 indoor Rabbit's my budget is very limited... My price range with fetch me a gently used old tech litre bike at best... 05 ZX-10r is on my radar..
I had an ‘05 ZX10R, purchased as a left over in ‘06 ...... the scariest bike I have ever ridden. Very quicksteering and inadvertent +200 k/h powerwheelies. I sold it at 1800 km. I knew that nothing good would come from that .......*

Having said that, I would love another Kawi green one in the garage, still have the solo seat cover and braided steel brake lines for it.

·
Registered
306 Posts
Ah the 1st Gen "Widow Maker"! Budget for an aftermarket steering damper. I don't believe that model came with one and it's a must have. The 1st gen actually makes more low end power and torque than my 4th gen.

·
Registered Abuser
21 Posts
1 - 13 of 13 Posts