BC Sport Bikes Forum banner
41 - 60 of 115 Posts

· Registered
23 Posts
I'm thinking Nancy's referring to putting together the equipment and getting on the track without breaking the bank... the actual ammount you blow on your bike and gear is totally up to you... or your mastercard ;-)

· Premium Member
11,210 Posts
I'll be there. This racing thing looks like it might be fun. When you say a budget do you me for as little as possible, or do you mean set a budget and don't go over it?
Yeah, I"m pretty sure the accent here is on setting some realistic goals and that work with your own personal financial situation.

· Learning the hard way.
1,377 Posts
Make sure to remind us when it's coming up if you could please. I've got the memory of a goldfish.

· Member #899
2,613 Posts
Discussion Starter · #46 ·
Thanks for bumping this up.

Here's a preliminary list of topics:
- Buying a track bike
- Team concept
- Fixed costs of racing
- Sponsorship

I have had several people express an interest. If there's something else that you want to discuss besides what I've already suggested then post up. These topics should cover most of what you need to know about getting into racing/track riding and how to save a few $$'s doing it.

· Member #899
2,613 Posts
Discussion Starter · #49 ·
Looks like there's going to be quite a crowd... 15 so far. If there's anyone who said they're coming & can't make it now let me know. If this info session works out then we'll probably have another one or two in different parts of the LMD.

I would sk that if you can, bring a chair. We're also wanting to set this up as a "by donation" session. I was thinking food bank (I think that they suffer a bit after Christmas) but if anyone has any ideas just post up.

See you in January & have a Merry Christmas! :rider

· Learning the hard way.
1,377 Posts
Byob????

· The Wizard
2,755 Posts
good job nancy. you can take my latest purchase the 1993 honda F2slow that i bought from a WMRRA member for $1400US ready to race just to show people how cheaply they can get into racing if you want to haul it out. and that purchase price included a done front end, a shock, rearsets, clip ons, and a ton of spares. and don't be shy to admit to people who think the older bikes can't run the numbers that the new bikes can, that rick johnson, henk visser and the lovable falldownfrank were all running 1:16's on their F2's and F3's in Formula 2.
I can guarantee those guys had more fun than ANYBODY out there too.

· POSER
420 Posts
If your racing next year me and wife are in :rockon .... Watch out Manni is a very angry man on the track, but one hell of a stand up guy:evilgrin

Looks like I have to start building my custom trailer. Wooohooo

shit !! I just got myself a bike,trailer and a few extra parts. I'd love to come to this. The more info the better THANKYOU NANCY !!!

· Member #899
2,613 Posts
Discussion Starter · #57 ·
So far we have the following people that are interested for the January 15th information session:

Warp9racing
Skroonk
Hoe
Spinny
Frapps
Gsxr_45
Tazmania
Martigirl73
Gixxerboygenius
Human
T420
Greenboy
Manni
Katrider
R1 poser
Luckiechickie

Let me know if you won’t be able to make it so I can plan for the right amount of people. We will have some sourced race bikes that you might want to consider picking up sooner than later (they will be a hot commodity). You may want to bring a notebook as well. Remember to bring a non-perishable food donation for the food bank.

Nancy

· Registered
181 Posts
Dang, I really wish I would come to this as well but there's no way I can make it. I've wanted to get into track riding for over a year now but I just haven't been able to figure out how! ( live downtown, no car, no bike )

· Registered
181 Posts
Thanks for the PM Nancy,

I'd really like to show up to this event, but I have no way of getting there. I will be at work probably until 6 in Burnaby ( Telus @ Boundary/Kingsway ) so if anyone is in this area, I'd love to get a ride out to the meeting!

Gregg

41 - 60 of 115 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.