BC Sport Bikes Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
3,410 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
We have seen it done on runners, and cyclist. Now it's our time to GLOW.

This is a city tour to raise basic awareness for night time riders. We will be traveling at traffic speed, and doing a bit of night ride on our glowing bikes in the Van City.

Meet up at 8:00 PM at Brentwood mall parking lot ( Wellington Side)

Orientation at 8:45 PM

Departure at 9:00 PM

ROUTE : https://goo.gl/maps/h1HtdG3V4D52

Photo OP Location : Canada Place Underground, Brentwood Parking Lot, Central Park Parking lot. Stanley Park look out point.

Requirement : GLOWING BIKE ! You will need to make your bike glow. Glow sticks and small LED welcome !! You will need to have at least 6 glowing parts on your bike or you.

Restrictions: Since VPD will be inform of this ride. Please make sure no LED lights are bright enough to obstruct turn signals, brake light and head light. ( NO colored head light or strobe light)

NOTE : WE HAVE GLOW STICKS AND LED BAR AVAILABLE FOR FREE (LIMITED QUANTITY) AT MEET UP. COME EARLY to GLOWRIFY YOUR BIKE :)

·
TeaBagger
542 Posts
Is VPD/RCMP allowing us to use all the glowing stuff and not face motor vehicle act infractions or whats the deal here?

All for this ride and the awareness it will bring............but I sure as hell don't want my bike impounded cuz some butthurt doesn't like all the lighting........

·
Registered
3,410 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Is VPD/RCMP allowing us to use all the glowing stuff and not face motor vehicle act infractions or whats the deal here?

All for this ride and the awareness it will bring............but I sure as hell don't want my bike impounded cuz some butthurt doesn't like all the lighting........
It has been cleared with VPD. As long as lights dont obstruct tail/brake light and turn signals , we are fine. This should be in writing as well from VPD too (will confirm) Also, no impersonation of police, so try and not to use just red and blue that people could "mistake" for police.

shit i only have 5 lights.
We got you covered. There will be extras ;)

·
TeaBagger
542 Posts
It has been cleared with VPD. As long as lights dont obstruct tail/brake light and turn signals , we are fine. This should be in writing as well from VPD too (will confirm) Also, no impersonation of police, so try and not to use just red and blue that people could "mistake" for police.

We got you covered. There will be extras ;)
Awesome on the green flag........damn now I'm going to install some LED strips that I won't want to remove after........

WORTH IT!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts