BC Sport Bikes Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts
S

·
0 Posts
castro district in san fran. you should definately hit it up. highest ranking for a man to get laid anywhere in north america.

D

·
0 Posts
head a bit south of la for a day. sandy eggo to newport beach. it's my favourite part of cali. oceanside, san juan capistrano, san clemente, dana point, laguna beach, balboa island, newport beach.

there is a dive restaurant in laguna called the royal hawaiian. it's on the beach side of pch. best teriyaki steak dinner i have ever had. be sure to get drunk drinking lapu lapus. huge rum drinks served in fish bowl goblets.

·
The Comedy is in the Back
11,948 Posts
get her laid also, prollem solved!

elevation said:
Well I am going with my girlfriend so that might not be such a good idea! but I will keep it in mind for next time...
u have to visit big boy burger at least once!

·
Registered
6,127 Posts
ssblade said:
castro district in san fran. you should definately hit it up. highest ranking for a man to get laid anywhere in north america.
LOL :devillook

D

·
0 Posts
elevation said:
Thanks for the tip Doug. That teryaki steak sounds awesome.
it's simply amazing what you can find when you start feeling nostalgic.

http://www.tikiroom.com/tikicentral/bb/viewtopic.php?topic=4913&forum=2

almost every post in that link above raves about the lapu lapu. i shed a tear thinking about having 3 of them in a nite. someone mentions not being able to get the drink recipe from the bartender... i've gotten it TWICE and lost it both times!

http://www.tikizone.com/royalhaw.htm

http://www.pubclub.com/losangeles/orangecounty.htm

not sure what you are into seeing tourist wise, but i really enjoyed boardwalk in newport beach. lots of shops to browse in, great dive pubs, and the houses on the beach are awesome! my first trip down in '91 the houses on the beach were over a million dollars for what amounted to about 1000 sq ft. renting was far easier, if you could find a vacancy. i was gonna do it.. until a family reality kicked in...

but still, that area is very scenic, has great beaches, restaurant piers, plenty of people watching action, several marinas and yacht clubs, and is close to a military base for surprise fighter jet flyovers.

i gotta get back down there very soon now.

R

·
0 Posts
Went down there last year, I had my bike, buddy rented a bike (I think it was $65ish for the day). Best way to cruise the beaches and find parking. And hit up Mulholland Highway. Last year was pretty fresh pave and wicked twisty.

·
Lee RideFar
5,463 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Hello all, just got back a few days ago and had a blast! Here are some of the pictures. Next time I drive through California I want to do it on a motorcycle. Some of the roads I hit up would be amazing on the bike.

View attachment 39316
Palm Springs Car Dealerships. Aston Martin, Bently, Rolls Royce, Jaguar, and Porsche all crammed into one spot.

View attachment 39317
Dream Car!

View attachment 39318
Affordable dream car

View attachment 39319
The place where we stayed. Everyone has at least 5 palm trees on their property.

View attachment 39320
An actual desert oasis. We had to walk a mile to get to it. Pretty damn cool!

·
Lee RideFar
5,463 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
View attachment 39322
Welcome to LA. traffic... Their were some lane splitters but you have to be insane to do that in LA traffic.

View attachment 39323
Had to hit up the tourist traps! Mann Chinese Theatre.

View attachment 39324
Hit up the best buger joint in Cali a couple of times!

View attachment 39325
This is about as close as you can get to the huge hollywood homes

View attachment 39326
Some oversized Lapu Lapus at The Royal Hawaiian. Thanks for the recommendation Doug. The Teryaki steak was awesome.

D

·
0 Posts
lee, you just made my day. i see the place hasn't changed a bit :D

i can almost taste those lapu lapus from here. glad you enjoyed it.

i can sense a long weekend down there in my immediate future.

·
Lee RideFar
5,463 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
The Royal Hawaiian was exactly the way it was in the sites you sent me. Glad to have gone there. They did a pretty good job decorating the place and the food was pretty amazing. The drinks you see the the picture are Big Kahunas, something new. They are the larger size of Lapu Lapu's. If the steak they gave me was not so huge I would have been in no condition to drive! 26 oz of hawaiian goodness!

·
Lee RideFar
5,463 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Go to Sausalito and the lookout point at Golden Gate Nat'l Recreation Area. Sausalito is a cool little town with lots of cool places to eat and see a view of the city. There is a great Hamburger place as well. They cook you a medium rare hamburger on a rotating grill. Tastey!

D

·
0 Posts
my last trip to cali i took in san fran on the way home. fisherman's wharf is good tourist trap. the sub and alcatraz are there.

we spent the majority of our time there at the persidio and the golden gate bridge. the national cemetary there was quite interesting. lots of markers from the turn of the century. the 18th century. the persidio is now part of lucasfilm, so i don't know what you can still see there. also, the bike path under the golden gate bridge, south side, is probably vastly different than when i was there. one could walk from the path right up to the bridge footings, and climb out on the i-beams making up the bridge base. the west side of the bridge is an incredible view of the ocean. having checked it out on google maps, it also happens to be a massive cliff. i am afraid of heights, so i never got to see it. the girl i was with however, felt it was really funny to jump over the wooden fence that was there and pretend to fall off the cliff. turns out there was a ledge about 5 feet down. the bitch.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts