Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Premium Member
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
:2up judges.

They are blind, and corrupt if you ask me.

I actually watched the pairs skating last night (I'm married, ok? :flip), and I thought the American's did WAY better than China did. I mean, China FELL, how did they get Bronze?

And Canada was ROBBED. They performed FLAWLESSLY.

What a joke.

Stupid Olympics.

Now I can't wait for Hockey, at least they'res no 'judge' in that.

Well.. I guess ref's can be bought off.. :2up

·
Resident Banana
2,694 Posts
The figure skating thing and the hockey thing are featured on mybc.com right now. I think they're launching an investigation.

atom

·
Premium Member
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Talking to a co-worker today ... he mentioned that the judges spend time with the skaters and coaches before the competition... that's bad news right there. I think the judges should be picked last minute out of a pool.. so no one knows who to buy off. ;)

·
Just Another Enthusiast
2,051 Posts
I never did see it but I heard from quite a few Americans (different motorcycle forum) that Sale and Pelltier were robbed. I thought at first that it might have been the Canadian media making excuses for falling short of the gold, but no so any more.

Oh well, when our hockey team's take gold, it will all be forgotten. :)

·
Registered
3,815 Posts
I also heard the news that the IOC and the Figure Skating Federation were going to look into the controversy, but like Neil McRae says, if you really expect any changes or results, you're dreaming.

·
I'm back
1,947 Posts
Hu99 said:
I also heard the news that the IOC and the Figure Skating Federation were going to look into the controversy, but like Neil McRae says, if you really expect any changes or results, you're dreaming.
Canada was given a gold as well so much for that hehe

·
resident monkey boy
806 Posts
Quasi said:

Canada was given a gold as well so much for that hehe
that's BS only one country should have the gold not two...what happens to the silver now?

·
Registered
3,815 Posts
They're afraid to upset the Russkies. I think to give it to Pelletier and Sale like this is a bigger insult than the lousy judging in the first place. If I were them, I'd feel crappy about getting a "consolation" gold. I saw a clip from Russian TV on the CBC coverage last night, and the news reader was saying how Pelletier & Sale were crybabies and that they were beaten fair and square. Well he would say that wouldn't he?

·
I'm back
1,947 Posts
thr1 said:

that's BS only one country should have the gold not two...what happens to the silver now?
Basically the French judge admitted her vote was influenced so what they did is their not counting her vote making it a 4 to 4 tie and both winning gold. So 2 golds and a bronze, I know seems kinda hoakey and I agree with Hu99, that their trying to resolve the problem so everyone won't be in an uproar without stripping Russia of it's medal. All this negative publicity for Figure skating isn't good, i'm sure they just want the whole thing to go away.

·
Registered
3,815 Posts
And here's what they do to end the judging controversy for good. Eliminate all judged events. If an event can't be measured or timed in some way, then it should be out of the Olympics. Did anyone see the shot of the ice dancing judges this evening? I've never seen a more arrogant looking bunch of inbred snobs in my life. It's time to take their power from them and return the Olympics to the athletes and the audience.

·
Resident Banana
2,694 Posts
Regis, I'd like to ask the audience......CANADA!!!:D

·
Resident Banana
2,694 Posts
Hu99 said:

Is that your final answer?

ummm.......maybe I should call a friend.

ring, ring......Hi its Re....[click]....gis:laughing

I hate that guy...

·
Registered
234 Posts
I just heard tonight that the Olympics have awarded the Canada with a gold medal, and get this, the French judge said that she admited to have not voted in our favor.

Hu99 I couldn't agree with you more man everything is just getting soo damn political.

·
BMW meet Buster
410 Posts
Ya for the french fudge, I like french fries!!

S

·
0 Posts
Okay... man... seriously. It is 2005, not 2002. Why are your replying to an Olympic thread? :flip

·
BMW meet Buster
410 Posts
cause bison did it so I thought I'd bring up a really, really old post. and this was the oldest one I could find!

Gawd I must be bored or sumpthin!

1 - 20 of 24 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.