Registered
255 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey all, I'm planning to buy a super moto before the
riding season begins. I love this style of bike and want
to have it as a second bike.

I'm just not sure which one to buy. I don't want to
worry about rebuilding the bike after a certain amount
of kms, so I guess that eliminates some bikes.

Where would be a good place to look? Or should I look into
building one? I'm thinking to spend $10,000 or less. What do
you pros think?

·
Registered
1,662 Posts
Go see Bill at 5th gear and pick up a brand new Husky for that kind of money. If I had that kind of dough to spend on a motard for the street right now, it would be the 610. If it was going to be for the track, I'd get the 450.

mmmmmmm 610

·
Registered
1,662 Posts
This will be my f440 tard toy soon. Hopefully I will have my wheels and brakes this week.

·
Registered
8,785 Posts
I love my 610 SMR . I've owned and ridden everything and this is the first bike in years that does everything I want . Absolutely every ride is the best ride ever

·
Registered
1,662 Posts
Show off. When I get my wheels and get out there will you teach me how to wheelie? (I'm so lame, I've been riding for 16 years and can only wheelie by accident)

·
Registered
255 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Yeah I like the look of that Honda in that picture. At first I'd mostly
be riding on the street, then once I get use to the bike, ease my
way into the track. But again, I dont want to worry about bringing
the bike in to be rebuilt after so much kms. Less then $10,000 would also be good lol

·
Registered
1,662 Posts
Fuck! I just did the math and I've been riding (legally) for 21 years now. I can't believe how fast I got old!

·
Registered
255 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Ah that 610 SMR looks pretty awesome!!! I got a lot of reading and homework to do to figure this out. How are the 610 prices?

·
Registered
1,662 Posts
Yeah I like the look of that Honda in that picture. At first I'd mostly
be riding on the street, then once I get use to the bike, ease my
way into the track. But again, I dont want to worry about bringing
the bike in to be rebuilt after so much kms. Less then $10,000 would also be good lol
One of the most reliable supermotos is the drz400 but it needs lots of upgrades to go fast and handle well. The husky is as reliable (if not more), has awesome brakes, excellent suspension, wicked HP numbers (60 I think), is street legal and only a few hundred dollars more (when comparing new to new). I think the husky is only like $8500 and you get Brembo brakes, WP and Sachs suspension and did I mention around SIXTY horsepower!! I guarantee you that if you buy one, your other bike will become your second bike LOL!

·
Registered
1,662 Posts
You'd almost think I worked for Husky or 5th gear eh?

·
Registered
255 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Haha right on, can't wait. I could have sworn that there was a picture of a red honda in a garage earlier. I know thats a Husky, but I swear I saw a picture of a red honda in a garage. Maybe I'm goin crazy here

·
Registered
1,662 Posts
I saw it too but thought I was losing my mind so I didn't say anything.

·
Still defying gravity...
2,853 Posts
I could have sworn that there was a picture of a red honda in a garage earlier. I know thats a Husky, but I swear I saw a picture of a red honda in a garage. Maybe I'm goin crazy here
I may have confused you when I posted this picture in another thread - an old skool thumper :flashy .

FWIW, the Aprillia SM at the Seattle show looked sweet - don't know if they are available yet in Canada. The price of the Husky is very appealing when you consider the cost of a DRZ or KLR - very different bikes, but my mind keeps coming back to the Husky.

The pull of the dark side is strong - very strong!

·
Registered
8,785 Posts
Everything I own has Pilot Powers. The Husky is only $8399 . Nothing compares to it bang for the buck wise. DR's are good but you'll get bored real quick and be spending $1000 to $2000 in upgrades and it still won't hold a candle to the Husky 610.

Come by the shop on any clear day and you can take mine for a ride.

·
Registered
255 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Ah right on, will have to stop in! How does the KTM 625 SMC compare to the
Husky 610? Was just lookin around on ebay and there is a KTM on there. Even on ebay, there are'nt to many motards for sale.

1 - 20 of 47 Posts