BC Sport Bikes Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey there,

I'm looking for a new off-road helmet. I currently have a Shark helmet, but I'm looking for something with a better fit (I've lost weight and cut my hair since purchase) and LESS WEIGHT.

I have been attracted to the Troy Lee Designs brand helmets that I've seen on the internet, but I want to put my head in to one before buying. I'd rather support a local business rather than internet shopping.

So...what shop has a good selection of nicer off-road helmets?

Thanks!

·
African BCSB Rep.
776 Posts
I'm pretty sure Richmond Motorsports has TLD dirt helmets for sale there. That whole strip has a huge variety actually.

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks!

On that strip, what shops are there other than 5th Gear, Pacific Yamaha, and Richmond Motorsports?

I'll be heading out there this morning.

·
African BCSB Rep.
776 Posts
Thanks!

On that strip, what shops are there other than 5th Gear, Pacific Yamaha, and Richmond Motorsports?

I'll be heading out there this morning.

I couldnt tell you exactly, but I know there are more than just the three, though those are definitely the highlights. There's a small ATV place there, and if you're looking to save money on helmets and dont want anything flashy (since you want TLD, I doubt thats the case :) ) then its the place to go - my friend always goes there... never been there myself, but some plain jane white helmets are there for $30 - $50 bucks. Personally I think if you're so frugal you want to save $60 bucks on protecting your brain then you deserve to die, but they might be good quality... never know.

Make a day of it and arrange a demo ride while youre down there.

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I went to that ATV shop first...and turned around as fast as I could. Pretty sketchy looking helmets, in my opinion.

RMS did indeed have a few TLD helmets, but they were either pink, small, or extra large. None of those did it for me.

Pacific Yamaha was totally lame.

I ended up getting an Acerbis helmet at 5th Gear. I'm pretty stoked about it. Also picked up some Uvex goggles which came highly recommended. Thanks Bill!

·
African BCSB Rep.
776 Posts
I went to that ATV shop first...and turned around as fast as I could. Pretty sketchy looking helmets, in my opinion.

RMS did indeed have a few TLD helmets, but they were either pink, small, or extra large. None of those did it for me.

Pacific Yamaha was totally lame.

I ended up getting an Acerbis helmet at 5th Gear. I'm pretty stoked about it. Also picked up some Uvex goggles which came highly recommended. Thanks Bill!
Nice :thumbup: I too browsed the 'big' shops when down there and walked out with a Queen Kwan (ARC) A701 in flat black for $110 bucks from 5thgear, fits my head better than any other helmet I've tried, which is both great and crappy at the same time because I would have no idea where to find another one!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts