BC Sport Bikes Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
609 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Looking for a set for my 02 gixxer 600. The dealer quoted me a price of $150!!!!! I thought sliders were a lot cheaper than that. Any particular brand out there that I should consider getting or does it not matter?

·
Registered
725 Posts
i just order 7 sets from kneedraggers, and a pile of bar end sliders also

check out there site, they should come out to around 80 bucks after exchange

S

·
0 Posts
Make them yourself.
Buy some 2" nylon rod from Industreal plastic @ $1.00 inch.
you can find the correct bolts @ home depot or Revy for around $1.25-3.00 ea. depending on the size you need.
Also needed A vise to hold the rod and a Hack saw to cut it to the correct length.
Drill through the rod with a bit the size of the bolt shaft. now drill almost all the way through with a bit that is a little larger than the bolt head.
There your done. If you want to fit it into a recessed piece of stock body work. measure the diamiter of the mounting surface that is recessed as well as it's depth. now while your still at Revy you buy a hole cutting bit(most expensive part about $13.00 for the pilot bit and hole cutting outer piece as a kit.)
Now you use this tool on the side that comes in contact to the body work and drill in how ever deep you measured.
Stick it back into the vise and use your trusty hack saw to cut around the rod untill you cut into the part you drilled out with the hole cutter, make sure you cut around the entire curcumference of the rod and a piece that looks like a plastic doughnut will pop off. Discard this(unless your hungry) any you have one heck of a frame slider left.

Happy cutting.
:rider

·
Registered
609 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Kit said:
i just order 7 sets from kneedraggers, and a pile of bar end sliders also

check out there site, they should come out to around 80 bucks after exchange
The ones for my bike are going for $86US because they're 'bracketed'? :( Overall still not a bad price compared to what Intuitive is selling it for on their site for $104.95US :eek

B

·
0 Posts
N.A., if possible, I would advise against getting the bracketed ones. too many bad stories about how they bend or break the mounting point. the bracket acts as a lever in a crash. I know some people have crashed with them and had no problems, but nobody has crashed with the race style and had problems (well, maybe a few, but still).

order from kneedraggers or wherever and have them sent to the lettercarrier in Pt. Roberts so you don't have to pay brokerage and duty. (provided your willing to sneak em' accross the border)

·
Registered
609 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
bender said:
N.A., if possible, I would advise against getting the bracketed ones. too many bad stories about how they bend or break the mounting point. the bracket acts as a lever in a crash. I know some people have crashed with them and had no problems, but nobody has crashed with the race style and had problems (well, maybe a few, but still).

order from kneedraggers or wherever and have them sent to the lettercarrier in Pt. Roberts so you don't have to pay brokerage and duty. (provided your willing to sneak em' accross the border)
Thanks for the tip bender!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts