BC Sport Bikes Forum banner

1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Black on black crime
873 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Looking for a good pair of riding gloves around $100 bucks. What brand should I be looking for, or what should I be looking for in a glove? I read the thread about leathers, and learned quite a bit (mostly that if you buy Vanson, you win, haha). Gonna be shopping for them soon, want to know what I should be looking for in a good riding glove!

·
Black on black crime
873 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Alright, what brands and models offer the best of these that would fit into my price range?

·
contradiction incarnate
2,748 Posts
Held makes some great gloves.
There should be some cheaper models in their range.

·
Registered Abuser
2,051 Posts
Go to BK they have some Kawi gloves made by Joe Rocket I believe, leather with knuckle protection for around 70 bucks. All black, they look great and feel great. The bonus on looking snazzy is that they will protect your hands too.

·
Registered
1,238 Posts
I'm a Teknic fan, and have a pair of ICON shorties (for around town) on the way in the mail. Joe Rocket and Alpinestar are supposed to be good too, but the $$$ tag is notable. Ebay has been a treat for getting stuff at a better price.

cheers

·
"Experience" THX Rogger.
1,043 Posts
cyclestarter said:
I'm a Teknic fan, and have a pair of ICON shorties (for around town) on the way in the mail. Joe Rocket and Alpinestar are supposed to be good too, but the $$$ tag is notable. Ebay has been a treat for getting stuff at a better price.

cheers
I have a pair and i like them, not the best for keeping the hands warm but they are nice.

·
Registered
487 Posts
maybe a used pair would suit u well. since u want everything listed above, but the price to get all of those would be more than ur willing to spend.

floating knuckles r somethin to look for, venting, good inside feel, and dexterity.

·
565 Posts
A gauntlet style glove, worn outside your jacket sleeves will channel wind as well as bees and wasps out.

·
Registered
2,733 Posts
Rickmond Motor Sports had some on sale at the bike show, same ones I bought two years ago... from RMS... at the bike show... leather, Kevlar stitching, carbon floating knuckles, I love them. Can't wait for the rain and cold to go away so I can start wearing them again. RMS probably still has them, made by KTC, they seem decent quality to me and a good price.

·
Registered
1,015 Posts
Godspeed said:
A gauntlet style glove, worn outside your jacket sleeves will channel wind as well as bees and wasps out.
Could trap the bees in too. :D
I had a bee come through the neck of my jacket, sting me, then leave through the sleeve, lol.

As far as gloves, The pair I've decided on are the Alpinstar SP1's. They seem to have alot of great features for a good price. Talk to Kevin from Bayside Performance and he can hook you up.
I should be receiving the gloves around the end of the week, so I should be able to comment on them then. :)

Ryan

·
mike was taken
530 Posts
used gloves are a good way to go too, they're already broken in so you know they'll fit and as long as the seams and leather are ok then they're fine

·
Registered
276 Posts
Squint said:
Rickmond Motor Sports had some on sale at the bike show, same ones I bought two years ago... from RMS... at the bike show... leather, Kevlar stitching, carbon floating knuckles, I love them. Can't wait for the rain and cold to go away so I can start wearing them again. RMS probably still has them, made by KTC, they seem decent quality to me and a good price.
I got some KTC gauntlets from modern.... very good price and very close in comfort and fit to Aplinestars

·
Black on black crime
873 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Gawd said:
Could trap the bees in too. :D
I had a bee come through the neck of my jacket, sting me, then leave through the sleeve, lol.

As far as gloves, The pair I've decided on are the Alpinstar SP1's. They seem to have alot of great features for a good price. Talk to Kevin from Bayside Performance and he can hook you up.
I should be receiving the gloves around the end of the week, so I should be able to comment on them then. :)

Ryan
Where is Bayside located? Down by the Bay, where the watermelons grow?

·
Registered
2,496 Posts
I have a few pairs of Held gloves.
For moderate weather, I like the Held Steve's.
They may be a bit pricier than your price range, but I do admit, they last longer than a "bargain," glove.
It takes me usually 200,000 kms to wear out a pair of gloves, I've got 100,000 kms on the Steve's, and they're still like new.
Have a pro "fit," them to you. If the sales person doesn't know what they're doing, run, don't walk, to another dealer whom has been trained by the Held distributor to fit them properly. This simple act pays significant dividends in comfort and longevity.

·
AKA Newfie Girl
2,321 Posts
I bought a kick ass pair from PSI at the bike show. Good deal, tons of protection and right in your budget. Of any of my gear, after my lid, I am fussiest about gloves. Try on lots and hang out in them for a bit. They are important, your controls are at your finger tips after all.

·
Black on black crime
873 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
I have decided to raise the bar on what Im paying. I tried on some 209 dollar Axo gloves, they fit awesome, and super comfy to wear.

·
Registered
399 Posts
I have a pair of Held gloves as well.
They are great, its my second pair only becasue I sold the first set. $200 bucks but they are worth it. I went through about 5 or 6 pairs of cheapies before I found the Held's.

1 - 20 of 30 Posts