BC Sport Bikes Forum banner
1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
302 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I crashed my bike a few days ago. I wasn't being irresponsible nor was I was i trying to show Off. I had just learnt how to ride and was still getting used to the brakes

I was at a low speed, going no more than 40km/h and still slowing down to make a turn
I hit the front brake too hard and did a super man and flew over the bike, im ok but the bike isn't

Im not sure if i want to fix the bike and sell it or sell it as it is

·
Registered
302 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Pic1, the gearing is broken off
Pic2, The tail is cracked and the passenger seat is ripped
Pic3, Just another pic of the gearing broken off
Pic4, I think this might be the windsheild bracket, it has a very large crack in it
Pic5, The outside of the windsheild is cracked and seperated from the bracket
Pic6, The Key is smashed and stuck in the ignition
Pic7, I forgot what this is called but the top is scruffed up
Pic8, here again the key is smashed and stuck in the ignition
pic9, Shows the crack on the bracket of the windshield(not very good pic)
Pic10, The scrapped windshield

I hope these pics help
My question is, is it worth fixing and re selling?
if soo whats a ball park range it will cost to fix? $2-3000?

·
Obi-Wan Newbie
688 Posts
you can scrap the bike and get a honda!!!!LOL i am glad that you are okay and the bike can be fixed. try brad at the chop shop and see what he has for parts. cost out what it will cost to fix the bike and from there see what works out better. fix, sell or fix and sell and buy a honda!!

·
Premium Member
11,210 Posts
So why not fix it and keep riding it? This is assuming you didn't scare yourself out of the sport. If that's the case then I'd suggest trying to sell it as is and let someone looking for a deal do the labour and shopping themselves to save some money. Or it may end up as a track bike.

BUt if you're going to stay in riding then fix it up back to stock or as a street fighter and keep riding the darn thing. At least that way you won't be as worried about scratching it again. Then get a shiny new one later on.

·
Registered
4,335 Posts
Fit it.
I don't know what your money flow is like but it doesn't look that bad plus during the winter bikes are the worst to sell.

Another option is to wait till next spring and try to sell.... keeping in mind your bike will be another year older.

Pete

·
Registered
302 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
BTW: whos brad?

i think ill try to sell her as is unless i can get some deals on some parts
This bike is only 3 years old

I dont think ill be ridding for a while, ive had many friends have accident, and most not even being their own fault
Ill see, but for now ill try and sell her

·
Registered
3,941 Posts
Now don't take this the wrong way but "not irresponsible?" It's not responsible to go out on the road without some training and hitting the brakes that hard to go over the bars at 40 km/h. Take a course.

That being said you'll likely drop the bike again (it's just the law of averages) so like everyone here says, just fix it and like Tee Tee (a wise man) said, go street fighter and you won't worry about dropping it as much. You're going to lose a lot of money selling it in that condition especially in this market.

·
Registered
844 Posts
if you bring it by the chop shop we can throw enough parts on it to get it back to running riding for cheap cheap, itll just have a few scratches etc... then when you are done dropping it you can get it painted, or replace the scratched peices with good used ones.

G

·
40 km/h is pretty fast though for falling off. were u wearing leathers? im guessing u got some pretty nasty road burn.
if your not comfortable with the breaks or even turning then why were u already riding on the street. luckily u never hurt anyone else.

·
just enjoying the ride...
148 Posts
If economics is the issue, cut & run...

However there is a lot to be said for an emotional healing process in repairing the bike yourself. Find, beg, borrow, rent a safe place to set up the bike. Pull up your orange crate, favourite drink & fire up some music. Soon as you strip off all the damaged crap the bike will look immensley better. Start your parts list, do a little research & maybe get creative... post some pics on the wall, your screensaver... Winter is just around the corner, timing is just about right...

Good luck

·
Mmm...beer
2,144 Posts
Fix it and keep on riding. Had you taken are riding training courses yet? I sure hope so, although it doesnt sound that way. Getting onto a sportbike without training is playing with fire, and I'm sure everyone would agree. This has been beaten to death, but I'll say it anyways, a 636cc sportbike is not a beginners bike, especially when there hasnt been any riding training. You must have grabbed those brakes BIG TIME to do a superman over the bars. Call Brad at the Chop Shop, get 'er running again and learn from your mistakes. As said above, don't sell it, you'll only want to buy another one again anyways. From you said in your other posts, you got this for a pretty good deal, keep it.

·
Registered
1,598 Posts
not knowing who you are, i don't wnat to bash you too much. I'm guess you got a pretty bike, didn't take a course, probably wearing jeans and riding cause it's a cool sport. I might be wrong but anyhoo, hope you heal fast. I'm sure you're scared shitless from what you write.

Sell it as is... well.. good luck with that. Being a Kawi, being 2000-3000 (OEM) to fix or aftermarket 1000 and only an experienced rider willing to put the time and effort to fix a bike you dropped, i'm guessing the probability is very slim.

Fix it up and sell it at a loss of $~2500 dolalrs + approx 3 hours of time and hassel
dont' fix it and whore it out like a cheap hoooker, you'll lose $3000

It's an experience, you live and learn.

·
Mmm...beer
2,144 Posts
^^^ Well put Phil. I dropped my bike a few weeks back...in no way has it discouraged me from riding, or made me want to sell it. I love my bike, and the sport...back on the saddle man!

1 - 20 of 24 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.