BC Sport Bikes Forum banner

1 - 20 of 52 Posts

·
Riding in the rain
253 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys~

Haha, last night when I was going to go riding with my gf, as we were warming up our engine (choke on) some fat dude walked over to my house, stopped me and told me he was fu*ked up with our noises and said how this whole week we were creating noise for his wife and kids. See if he was complaining in a nice way, then I would have comprised. No, he was swearing all over the place. Saying how he is going to call the cops on me and blah blah blah...

It was 9pm guys. Not 1am. The funny thing is, I have never seen thsi guy around my neighbourhood before. He came to my house riding a bicycle.
I asked him where he lives and he said "O, you will know where i live, when i call the COPS!!!" So when my gf and I passed by him as we were going out, i just reved up to 12k when i passed him.

Pisses me off man...
any suggestions on how I can warm up the bike without making a great noise?

I am not afraid of him calling the cops on me. It's just tat my family is afraid he might do smt to our house..

:rtfm :rtfm :rtfm :rtfm

·
Twin A
8,019 Posts
walk it down the street. problem solved. if you're being respectful, (warming the bike up and then casually leaving), then tell him to stuff it.

·
Twin A
8,019 Posts
tell him calmly that if he ever comes up to you again to say anything you'll tear out his throat and eat it.
bwahhaha. do it in a Chuck Norris voice.

·
Registered
8,785 Posts
Next time kick the living shit out of him. I get so sick of stuff like that, there's no reasoning with idiots. Make sure he understands there's worse things than bike noise.

·
Riding in the rain
253 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
hahaha
I LOVE YOU GUYS!!
Hell YA! damn it man, got me so f*cking pissed last night.

But walking the bike is kinda hard for me, cuz my bike is stored in the backyard, so it's pretty heavy to walk the bike off my lawn (wet grass, grrr) own to my sidewalk, and out the door...

<sigh>

·
Registered
2,733 Posts
If I park it on the street and have to leave early, I'll ride away pretty much as soon as I start the bike. I just take it easy for a few blocks, let the bike warm up as I ride.

·
Riding in the rain
253 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
If I park it on the street and have to leave early, I'll ride away pretty much as soon as I start the bike. I just take it easy for a few blocks, let the bike warm up as I ride.
Isn't that bad for the bike though?

I do like, however, the other suggestions:
"tell him calmly that if he ever comes up to you again to say anything you'll tear out his throat and eat it." ahahaha
Thanx guys
Just wanted to share it with everybody.

·
banned user
6,255 Posts

I do like, however, the other suggestions:
"tell him calmly that if he ever comes up to you again to say anything you'll tear out his throat and eat it." ahahaha
Thanx guys
Just wanted to share it with everybody.
no problem, I have a coin. On one side it says "flame" on the other it says "make a friend"

you got lucky tonight :laughing

G

·
how about we all come by for a ride by???? or i'll do what i did for a buddy...lent him my diesel truck and let him warm it up every mornin for a week at 6am.....then we made sure we pressure washed his house and driveway at 8am on saturday and sunday with my gas powered pressure washer....after that i think not only his problem neighbor got the message but no one else on the street has talked to him since.....he is soooo happy now

·
Motard Central
881 Posts
Find out exactly were he lives and post that dum shit's address on supermoto chat and we'll be sure to turn that part of the city into our regular assault run...:evilgrin

·
Gear Driven Cams
4,411 Posts
No. Once the bike is running, as soon as it'll take throttle and clutch action without stalling you can start moving. Don't go revving it up to high RPM, or heavily loading the clutch or engine. But just above idle should be enough to get it rolling, and that's all you need to get away from the houses and out onto a main road. Ride like grandma for the first five minutes or so, and the bike will warm right up, faster than it would if you just sat there with it idling.

No harm at all.

[edit] I used to do this with my Nighthawk when I had it. The Supertrapp pipe on it sounded wonderful once it was warmed up and riding on the highway, but when it was cold it seemed louder and nowhere near as smooth. One of my neighbours commented once that he always thought I was coming home on a new bike, because it sounded so different when I pulled in compared to when I pulled out. Nobody had ever complained, but I started doing this immediately after I bought the bike, because I didn't want to hear any complaints. Stratas are a b*tch for that.

·
rain? whats that!
5,834 Posts
If youre acting like an ass to an idiot, the idiot will always get stupider.

You will find your bike lying on its side soon in a pool of its own blood.

Hinesight... definitely a "HAVE NICE DAY SIR" moment

·
Registered
110 Posts
If a stranger I had never seen before was an ass like that to me, in my own driveway, at only 9pm, that bicycle would be wrapped around his head. Fucking busybody asshole.

·
its closer now
1,858 Posts
"accidently" remove the can from your bike... accidentally pass his house in first at 8000rpm +++ do this for three nights straight

he shouldnt return.

if he does... repeat the treatment until the itch is completely gone

·
Registered
374 Posts
Find out exactly were he lives and post that dum shit's address on supermoto chat and we'll be sure to turn that part of the city into our regular assault run...:evilgrin
thats some funny shit we should pay 'roid monkey a visit at the same time:evilgrin

·
Registered
1,234 Posts
guy yelling at you on your own property without witnesses around except your gf and you let him get away with it?

should have at least bitch slapped him

1 - 20 of 52 Posts