BC Sport Bikes Forum banner

1 - 20 of 47 Posts

·
contradiction incarnate
2,748 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
slid on pavement and bounced up over curb.

nothing broken (as far as it seems as of now)

frame slider minimized damage to the bike.

bruised and sore (some pulled muscles, etc.)

but seem to be fully functional. :rockon

now I'm officially amongst "those who've crashed"

bloody idiots who change lanes without looking :2guns

·
Registered
3,938 Posts
Damn. They really aren't expecting us out there are they? I was absolutely paranoid out there today for some reason.

Glad to hear you're okay.

·
Registered
2,496 Posts
dammit!
isn't this a little early for this?
glad you're okay though.
On another note, at least you weren't one of the two fellows I saw today, at 8PM, riding around in town, on city streets, in the dark, with no lights on.....on pocket bikes. 2 of 'em, riding in traffic. Dark clothes, but alas, they were wearing helmets.
Black helmets.
Almost invisible.:surrender

·
contradiction incarnate
2,748 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
flowrider said:
Damn. They really aren't expecting us out there are they?
so true

I ended up calling CFOX and ranted a little about how ICBC cancelled the motorcycle awareness campaign.

They (Todd & Karen) said they'd put in a little blurb at the end of the show about watching out and slowing down.

·
contradiction incarnate
2,748 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
treefinder said:
what you crash the crotch rocket or the landcrusier
I don't know what landcruiser you speak of.

The '98 GSXR 600 is what crashed.

edit: I've been in a fairly serious car accident before... waking up tomorrow will be accompanied by tonnes of new body pains.

·
Ghost SV Rider
1,469 Posts
Glad you're okay. On a side note, I was given a survey on drivers in BC. While the awerness campaign may be non-existent, the survey did have some info asking about motorcycles. At least we aren't forgotten completely.

Heal fast. Hope to see you at a summer dinner or something.

·
Registered
978 Posts
slam said:
so true

I ended up calling CFOX and ranted a little about how ICBC cancelled the motorcycle awareness campaign.

They (Todd & Karen) said they'd put in a little blurb at the end of the show about watching out and slowing down.
yeah i heard you ranting and figured it would be someone from this site

·
Registered
2,887 Posts
Public education is important for drivers! Motorcycle awarness is fundemental! That's why if I am riding normal (and just sitting in) and someone cuts me off, I smash their mirror.

-new underwear when someone cuts you off bad= 10 bucks (hey I like nice underwear)
-high cut Titanium Icon gloves= 250 plus tax
-boxing lessons=500 bucks
-seeing the look in the dick face's eyes when his mirror blows up=priceless!!!!HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH.....Fuck

Glad to hear you're ok....

·
contradiction incarnate
2,748 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Johnny_B said:
yeah i heard you ranting and figured it would be someone from this site
did they actually use my voice (like taped call kinda thing) or did they just do a little awareness blurb?

edit: I was checking the condition of my bike and must have missed it.

·
rain? whats that!
5,834 Posts
Forget about you, how bad is the bike????? :p (jk)

I remember after I got creamed, lying down on the ground in pain, looking back at my brand new machine, crushed, leaking everywhere. DAMN IT!!

Hope things go well with ICBS>

·
Registered
1,971 Posts
Geez, man... I'm glad to hear you survived. I hope the injuries are minimal. It's a good thing you invested in the best gear possible.

Here's to a speedy and complete recovery!

·
Registered
969 Posts
OUCH!!! Sheesh... Glad to hear you're ok. Hope you're not too sore tomorrow and that there's no serious damage (to you or your bike). There've been a couple of times so far this year where I've thought for sure I was going down. So how, where, and when'd it happen? Glad you got some air-time on Cfox. Hope the driver was responsive to you and checked to make sure you were ok.

- CJ

·
contradiction incarnate
2,748 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
it was on King George Hwy
just before 128 (headed toward Patullo bridge)
early afternoon.

guy just decided to change lanes
(light was red, he was stopped in the middle lane in a row of cars and decided to move to the right lane)

I was moving toward the red light in the right lane (there were fewer cars stopped in that one)

He just didn't look when the started moving into my lane (not enough time for me to avoid it)

1 - 20 of 47 Posts