BC Sport Bikes Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Premium Member
11,195 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
But this one doesn't go very fast due to the wheezy engine......:rolleyes

Yes, those are disc brakes you see there. Hydraulic at that. I've been looking for a successor to my other main ride for some time. I HATE riding in the rain and crap of winter with rim brakes. The sound of that grinding compound on the rims just moves me to tears. So when I came across this ride for a "good" price I couldn't resist. Out with the VISA card and into the back of the truck.

Get this though. This bicycle cost me more than the F2 Track Toy and the new tires I've put onto it so far. :eek It sure rides nice though :D

PS: yes I know the narrow tires and fenders look geeky but this is my STREET ride, OK?

·
resident monkey boy
806 Posts
so i guess the norco's been retired:)

·
Resident Banana
2,694 Posts
Sweet bike Bruce, how longs your commute?

·
Premium Member
11,195 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
It was just over $2K. That's the most by far I've ever spent on a bicycle. And to think that just 5 years ago when I started commuting on these things I thought I was hot stuff with my $140 Canadian Tire Special............. :rolleyes

No, the Naughty Norco is set up for a different mission profile. That ones a keeper too but I use it for off road and curb jumping ( I'm working up to the 12 ft North Shore jumps slowly OK?)

7 1/2 km each way. Just a nice workout twice a day without taking so long each time that the weather pisses me off.

·
Registered
3,815 Posts
$2K????:eek :eek I'm speechless. For a bicycle? Somebody help me, I can't think properly.

·
Resident Banana
2,694 Posts
Hey Bruce, you've got hybred tires on that guy huh. How much of a difference in friction are they? I bet it runs alot better on the streets.

My brother rides the Northshore quite often. They're pretty nutz, the higher the drop the bigger the grin. I guess its like us, the higher the speed.....;) .

·
Premium Member
11,195 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
atomlowe said:
Hey Bruce, you've got hybred tires on that guy huh. How much of a difference in friction are they? I bet it runs alot better on the streets......
Oh yeah. I may go for some others that I know will let me jet along almost like a true road bike but that'll come a little later.

And Lloyd (and any others that were too awestruck to post :D ). Just sit down, put your head down by your knees and breath.....that's it...... nice and regular......... feeling better now?

Believe it or not this bike was at the bottom of it's price range for the makeup and features vs price. I saw some others that were no better going for $2600 to $3200. Tecnology costs as our motorcycles show. This is a 23 lb bike compared to Walmart specials at around 35.

And if you want a full on downhill racer and general North Shore jumping bike like here then be prepared to lay out around $4000.

I actually got the "bargain basement" model for 1250 on sale but after getting it home and riding to work ONCE I realized that I wanted better. I sweated bullets for a couple of days before realizing that the one in the pic here was the best option. Yes, it took me a while for MY heartrate to come back down. And yes, it's a hell of a lot of money for a bicycle. But I'm planning on riding it at least 3 times a week for the next 6 or 7 years so I'll definetley be getting my money's worth out of it.

·
Premium Member
20 Posts
BMatthews said:

This is a 23 lb bike compared to Walmart specials at around 35.
So then, does the same rule apply? 5lbs loss = 1bhp gain? (bruce horse power of course) ... :laughing

·
Premium Member
11,195 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
absolutdm said:

So then, does the same rule apply? 5lbs loss = 1bhp gain? (bruce horse power of course) ... :laughing
Hell, I'd be happy just to have that ONE hp. The rest of the original 1/8 can take a holiday then :laughing

Hu99 hasn't answered yet. He must still be in shock :D

·
Registered
634 Posts
heheh actaully that bike when new is closer to $6000:eek :eek I got a really good deal cause I sold my sportbike to the shops owner so I got a bundle off list price :)

-arai-

·
Premium Member
11,195 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
arai said:
heheh actaully that bike when new is closer to $6000:eek :eek I got a really good deal cause I sold my sportbike to the shops owner so I got a bundle off list price :)

-arai-
Ya shouldn't have said that. Poor Lloyd is going to be blubbering and gasping like a fish outa water so bad from shock he won't even be able to POST........ :D

:laughing

·
Premium Member
11,195 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Hu99 said:

What was the question?:confused
Remember this? :D

Originally posted by Hu99 $2K???? I'm speechless. For a bicycle? Somebody help me, I can't think properly
Or are you still reeling from the first shock...... :laughing

·
Registered
3,815 Posts
BMatthews said:
Or are you still reeling from the first shock...... :laughing
Well, it wasn't exactly a question was it. I mean I was stunned and all, but I didn't know I was required to check back in with y'all so you'd know I was okay.
Aww, you care. Isn't that sweet.:spinsmile

1 - 17 of 17 Posts