BC Sport Bikes Forum banner

1 - 20 of 36 Posts

·
ninja machinist
3,103 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Three weeks later. I don't think I want to deal with Langley Holeshot ever again. You can say "I told you so," that's fine.
Here's a list of why they suck.

-I was told the bike would be ready over a week ago. I called in everyday putting up with an average of 10 minutes of being on hold only to hear, every day, that it'll be ready tomorrow. Sometimes they say the service department is backed up so they ask if they can call me back. They take my name and number and never call back.
-They had to order parts on two occasions. All that needed replacing was the lock set and triple clamp.
-I go and pick up the bike today only to find out when I get it home that there is nothing in the trunk. I rode home with no papers on me. So I have to go back there and pick up my disc lock, tire pressure gage and insurance papers.
-My friend needed fork seals for his bike. They don't have them in stock so he orders them. Cost: $42. We then go to Supersport because holeshot had no spark plug caps and find out that fork seals from Supersport cost 22 bux.
-We go back to holeshot to cancel his order for the fork seals and he has to wait for ten minutes while the parts counter guy chats with a customer about riding. No wonder they put all thier callers on hold.

I could go on but I'm too lazy and I want to get out and ride finally.

·
No the pic is not me
930 Posts
I love learning through other peoples experiences. I can deal with a shop that has a hard time tracking down parts or is slightly more pricey, but bad customer service is one thing that really stops me from going places cus it is so easy as long as you care about your customers. Thanks for the post, won't be going there.

·
Unregistered User
2,769 Posts
I've never dealt with Holeshot, so these comments are not about them particularly.

Anyway, it goes a long way when bike shops, or any business for that matter, keeps in regular communication with their customers. In certain lines of work, the biggest complaint resulting in the most grief, is failure to communicate with the customer and keep them informed. Often that can be averted with a simple phone call to let the customer know although the parts are in not yet, they're hoping to have them soon and have not forgotten about you.

About a month ago I ordered a bunch of parts from British Italian Motorcycles, coming from some USA supplier. The parts themselves are manufactured variously in the UK (?), Australia and Sweden. British Italian told me this was all coming from a new supplier, and therefore I had no illusions of the timing involved. I don't expect to see any of it this season, period. Anyhow, I get calls occasionally from British Italian letting me the know the status of what's arrived and what we're still waiting for. Those calls make me feel like I actually matter, so kudos to British Italian. It's over a month since I placed the order, and I am not one bit pissed about it. It's amazing what a 23 second phone call to a customer can pay back in goodwill. What I don't understand is why this is such a mystery to so many other businesses?

·
ninja machinist
3,103 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I've never dealt with Holeshot, so these comments are not about them particularly.

Anyway, it goes a long way when bike shops, or any business for that matter, keeps in regular communication with their customers. In certain lines of work, the biggest complaint resulting in the most grief, is failure to communicate with the customer and keep them informed. Often that can be averted with a simple phone call to let the customer know although the parts are in not yet, they're hoping to have them soon and have not forgotten about you.

About a month ago I ordered a bunch of parts from British Italian Motorcycles, coming from some USA supplier. The parts themselves are manufactured variously in the UK (?), Australia and Sweden. British Italian told me this was all coming from a new supplier, and therefore I had no illusions of the timing involved. I don't expect to see any of it this season, period. Anyhow, I get calls occasionally from British Italian letting me the know the status of what's arrived and what we're still waiting for. Those calls make me feel like I actually matter, so kudos to British Italian. It's over a month since I placed the order, and I am not one bit pissed about it. It's amazing what a 23 second phone call to a customer can pay back in goodwill. What I don't understand is why this is such a mystery to so many other businesses?
Yes, I phone the shop up and say all I want to know is is my bike ready? Then they put me on hold for longer than it takes to just ask the service guy if the bike is ready and tell me.

·
Yellow Power Ranger
3,009 Posts
PS- to ad your list Tony...that bulb that I bought when you were with me was the wrong one. The service guy looked up the wrong part # and sold it to me. Ya it was only $2, but that s $2 gone and my time wasted. Now I to go to Burnaby Kawi and get the right one. Holeshot sucks!!!

G

·
imperial motor and honda centre in bby, best service ive ever got!
Funny, 2 places I wont step foot in anymore ... lol
All depends on the counterguys mood, it can realy destroy a companies image / reputation.
Some people get lucky tho and have great luck where others would choose never to return to.

Still looking for the illusive 'ultimate bike shop'........

·
ninja machinist
3,103 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
All depends on the counterguys mood, it can realy destroy a companies image / reputation.
Some people get lucky tho and have great luck where others would choose never to return to.

the never ending search continues...

·
Unregistered User
2,769 Posts
Yes, I phone the shop up and say all I want to know is is my bike ready? Then they put me on hold for longer than it takes to just ask the service guy if the bike is ready and tell me.
I guess my point ... really wasn't directly on point.

I agree though, the least they could've done is been straight up and not ignored you. And maybe told you they were doing their best but sometimes shit just happens that's out of their control.

·
Get outta the fast lane!!
1,335 Posts
Try www.5thgear.ca for service/parts. Tell Bill that Peter sent you.

I bought my used KDX250 from holeshot many years ago. They neglected to tell me the gearbox/engine case had a big chunk missing where the swing arm mounts and the piston/cyl were scratched to hell, plus they sold me a replacement throttle cable that didn't fit. Learned my lesson and that was back in ~1989.

·
more lean please
1,745 Posts
never liked holeshit, just another reason not to go there. usually western powersport (across the street) is pretty good. i like cr cycle in maple ridge as well. the shops in abby are meh, especially 3d cycle, i hate those pricks.

i have found in the motorcycle world the service is garbage, i meet tonns of great ppl on the road but step foot in a shop and it seems like all the assholes applied for the job. dont really get it, i know its not every person but a vast majority. oh well, life moves on

·
Registered
1,015 Posts
We need like a Rant section on shops. That way when were looking for a place to take our bikes, we can see peoples good and bad experiences with shops.
I like 5th gear, and my experiences have always been good dealing with Kevin @ bayside, haven't had him service my bike yet, but will soon probally. Holeshot I'd never go to after doing a quick search on this site. Motorcycle World I'd never go to again. It really sucks when you have some half assed shop fuck with your bike.

Ryan

G

·

agreed! ppl in business should put there bad moods at home and not at work! its just customer service etiquette!

·
King of the money pits...
725 Posts
although I won't disagree with you about customer service,... the whole "calling to see if my bike is ready" thing bothers me a bit. I work at a dealership, and whenever the work order comes back from the mechanic (which means the bike is done), the owner gets a call saying thier bike is ready. I doubt any dealership wants to keep a finished bike sitting around awaiting payment, I know we don't. It just created another hassle of having to store the bike until the customer comes and picks it up.

my $0.02

G

·
it's good and all to post up experiences and share info on how you are treated at shops but........when something shitty happens you have to make it clear to the shop that they suck and give them reasons. it would allow for them to correct the errors of their ways or to discipline the staff that made your experience suck. if you don't share that info with the shop and instead just post up here and say they suck everytime someone mentions them you aren't giving any effort or giving the benefit of the doubt to the shop to fix their customer service problem. there's not a big percentage of shop staff that come on here so the odds of them reading one of these threads is pretty close to zero. this isn't directed at darkcbr but more to the knee-jerk reaction types that always pipe up about how they were ripped off once. i was ripped off once about 7 years ago from "atlas" in vancouver (now vancouver yamaha) but i sucked it up and decided never to get ripped off like that again so i became a journeyman bike tech. anyways just a thought.

·
ninja machinist
3,103 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
although I won't disagree with you about customer service,... the whole "calling to see if my bike is ready" thing bothers me a bit. I work at a dealership, and whenever the work order comes back from the mechanic (which means the bike is done), the owner gets a call saying thier bike is ready. I doubt any dealership wants to keep a finished bike sitting around awaiting payment, I know we don't. It just created another hassle of having to store the bike until the customer comes and picks it up.

my $0.02
That's their problem not mine. If I want to know the status of my bike right now then I will get the status of my bike right now.

it's good and all to post up experiences and share info on how you are treated at shops but........when something shitty happens you have to make it clear to the shop that they suck and give them reasons. it would allow for them to correct the errors of their ways or to discipline the staff that made your experience suck. if you don't share that info with the shop and instead just post up here and say they suck everytime someone mentions them you aren't giving any effort or giving the benefit of the doubt to the shop to fix their customer service problem. there's not a big percentage of shop staff that come on here so the odds of them reading one of these threads is pretty close to zero. this isn't directed at darkcbr but more to the knee-jerk reaction types that always pipe up about how they were ripped off once. i was ripped off once about 7 years ago from "atlas" in vancouver (now vancouver yamaha) but i sucked it up and decided never to get ripped off like that again so i became a journeyman bike tech. anyways just a thought.
I couldn't agree more.

1 - 20 of 36 Posts