BC Sport Bikes Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Premium Member
7,666 Posts
Wow, they're all British, Italian or American - with a couple of Aussies and Criville being the only Spaniard. I'm surprised, I thought there had been more Spanish winners, and at least one Jap? I guess not.

·
The Wizard
2,743 Posts
Ahh, can't wait for Laguna. 100,000 drunk yanks shouting "USA! USA! USA!"

·
The Philosopher King
1,345 Posts
one day there will be a maple leaf in that list one day...i thought it was funny that from 1958 to 1972 MV Agusta ruled the track. Why don't they produce a GP bike any more??

·
Member #899
2,611 Posts
So the argument "I want Nicky to win so the Americans will support MotoGP and it will be good for the sport" just doesn't wash?? :)

·
Newbie Poser Squid
2,709 Posts
I'm surprised, I thought there had been more Spanish winners, and at least one Jap? I guess not.
HRC has been dreaming of a Japanese MotoGP champion for a long time now. Their best hope was Kato.

Now its Kiyonari. I hope to see him on a Honda GP bike in 2008.

·
Newbie Poser Squid
2,709 Posts
More Americans have won Moto GP than any other nationality... I don't get it either.
Well I am sure you have seen Faster.

The breakthrough was when they went to radial tires. Kenny Roberts coming from flat track racing took advantage of the slipping sliding and knee down style. I think Barry Sheene would have won a few more championships if it weren't for that.

After KR, several other Americans were able to follow suit. The 500 2 strokes was perfect for the point and shoot American riding style. After Nicki and the switch to 800cc I don't think there would be another for a while. The next line of champion would be those that graduated from the 250GP.

·
Addicted to two wheels
2,615 Posts
So the argument "I want Nicky to win so the Americans will support MotoGP and it will be good for the sport" just doesn't wash?? :)
..........oh it washes alright. Guys like Rainey and Roberts were like national treasures. Kenny Roberts had many replicas as did Eddie Lawson. Hopefully (And I know we'll see it in all the lame 'Honda' ads) they will market raod racing in a positive light and add glamour and fame to it as jets did for Top Gun. Rossi fell last race, Hayden fell and didn't ebevn finish a race but still finished # 1. Now if he could only keep his big mouth shut.:laughing

1 - 11 of 11 Posts