BC Sport Bikes Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Poser Emeritus
2,737 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
As I peer into the dry husk that used to be BCSB, I wanted to share the news that VerticalScope Inc. the owners of BCSB recently purchased ADV Rider.

All the threads , posts, photos, GPS Routes, trip blogs, everything now belongs to VerticalScope Inc.

Everything that the 407,861 inmates ever wrote. All 1,067,198 threads with their 40,652,975 posts are about to be monetized

·
Ride Solo
4,233 Posts
They’ve done an exceptional job here. I expect an uptick in popularity just around the corner. Hell, I think we’re up to a HALF-DOZEN or more posts—just today!

Reactions: bill

·
Poser Emeritus
2,737 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
It could actually be an interesting academic study how Vertical Stroke stops people from coming to the place that used to give them so much pleasure and enjoyment.

I remember the year I kept the unpopular list of riders who died. Now that the Forum has died, the number of new threads is getting close to the number of local rider deaths in a single year.

Reactions: Steve G.

·
Poser Emeritus
2,737 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Baldy sold ADV to one or two guys on the forum and a few years later they sold it to Vertical Scope.

There is an article in the ADV magazine on this process.

It fascinates me how online forums are being monetized

·
Registered
8,322 Posts
Any idea of the selling price? I’ve wondered what these things are worth.

·
Poser Emeritus
2,737 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
No Clue, but I expect something like ADV would command top dollar.

Reactions: Steve G.

·
Registered
8,322 Posts
I don't recall from where, but I do recall hearing around $20k for this place when it sold.
Hardly something to retire to Bora Bora on.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts