BC Sport Bikes Forum banner

1 - 20 of 45 Posts

·
Registered
126 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anyone heard of these green light triggers? I saw them on ebay and wanted to know if its a load of crap or not. It claims that a magnet field will trigger the sensors in the ground. Has anyone tried one of these before?

·
Registered
126 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
My bike doesn't trigger all lights, at my work there is a light that I always miss and that's why I ask

·
Bring on the sun
2,078 Posts
jacofan said:
its a bitch triggerring the one at the eastbound McCallum Rd exit turning left to go towards the UCFV..... I guess a call needs to be placed to the city of Abby about the sensitivity of that one...
True - that one always pisses me off when I'm late for class.

The other one in town is going northbound on gladwin @ george ferguson way. That one never works.

If it wont change and the intersection is clear I just go, or make a couple awkward right turns with a U-turn in between..lol

·
Premium Member
11,195 Posts
Try this free trick.

At the spot where the circle or diamond ride up to it such that you can lower your side stand and place its foot directly onto the tar line of the winding loop. The very close proximity of the foot pad is supposed to trigger the light.

If it works then great. If it doesn't then it didn't cost you anything.

·
Bitey things are niceless
342 Posts
I see that you and I are riding the same bike, so here's a tip. The bike just doesn't put out the power to trip these things so there are 2 things you can do to go green. The first thing sucks, all you have to do is wait for a car to pull up behind you and trip it for you. The better way is to centre your bike over the little diamond at the stop line, have a good look around to make sure there's no cops around, and then rev the engine a couple times. Usually anything over about 6000 rpm seems to work most of the time. I don't know the science behind it but it must raise the voltage from the alternator or something. Give it a try.

·
Registered
1,971 Posts
TeeTee said:
Try this free trick.

At the spot where the circle or diamond ride up to it such that you can lower your side stand and place its foot directly onto the tar line of the winding loop. The very close proximity of the foot pad is supposed to trigger the light.
Of course, some bikes have a switch that turns off your engine when you put down the sidestand...

·
Jackie Chan's stuntdouble
1,535 Posts
AFAIK, the Green Light Trigger is a load of crap.

The sensors controlling the traffic lights are essentially metal detectors, not magnet detectors. A lump of soft iron attached to the bottom of your bike would work better.

·
Ya, whatever.
669 Posts
Some lights do take a long time even if a vehicle is parked over it. I have always tried to ensure I am parked over them but sometimes I have just got off, walked over and hit the pedestrian crossing button. My VTR seems to work better that the XR. I am trying Tee Tee's suggestion.

I hate when cagers stop before the switch and sit there for ever...WTF!

·
Registered
1,234 Posts
TeeTee said:
Try this free trick.

If it works then great. If it doesn't then it didn't cost you anything.
I can see myself forgetting to kick the peg up again! hah that would be super suck

W

·
0 Posts
go to the dollar store and buy a magnet and some 2 sided tape. It will work the same as the thing on eBay

·
contradiction incarnate
2,748 Posts
it's been covered in other threads before...

I think it was said that "rare earth" magnets work best.

you just stick it on the inside of the lowest section of bodywork or something similar and presto.

·
Registered
11,614 Posts
I must be really lucky, because I've never been around a light my bike didn't trigger.

·
Premium Member
11,195 Posts
Bandit_Ryder said:
That's why logic would tell you to put it in neutral first ;)
Logic and common sense are in very short supply these days. Apparently the boat load of these pre packaged products got sidetracked before making it over to North America.... :D

1 - 20 of 45 Posts