BC Sport Bikes Forum banner

1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
It was worth the wait
425 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey all,

Can Supermoto's ride on the Greg Moore Raceway? If so, what are the requirements? Are track days available? I've seen it mentioned here a couple times but can't really find any information on it other then 250's.

Cheers,

·
Beer League Racer/Asshole
5,206 Posts
yes, they can. Requirements are no louder than 82db (yes it CAN be done, and we have a Husaberg 570 that meets that), and no metal can touch the track ever. So that means sliders everywhere. Peg sliders, axle sliders, pipe sliders, handguard sliders, etc.

No ethylene glycol as well. Water wetter or equivalent.

·
It was worth the wait
425 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
yes, they can. Requirements are no louder than 82db (yes it CAN be done, and we have a Husaberg 570 that meets that), and no metal can touch the track ever. So that means sliders everywhere. Peg sliders, axle sliders, pipe sliders, handguard sliders, etc.

No ethylene glycol as well. Water wetter or equivalent.
Thanks SnoDragon!

Is there a place where you can test the DB before hand? How'd you get the 570 to pass? I have a Husky 510 with stock mufflers on it but...

·
5,206 Posts
The berg passes with stock silencers, nothing more. If you have an iPhone, download the sound test app. It's pretty accurate. You want to measure while on the gas, under load from about 35' away.

·
5,206 Posts
Oh, and if your stock ones will not pass, you can find dbdawgs for them or rig something up.

·
It was worth the wait
425 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Sweet man, thanks again. Did not know about the iPhone app.

How does one find out what days are available to Sumo's? The website just talks about go karts.

·
5,206 Posts
any day that is not reserved for Kart racing is a day that any bike can get on track. $80/day 9am until dusk.

·
Registered
53 Posts
You can go there pretty much anytime there isn't an event. Like this coming... Sunday. If the weather turns out nice, my brother and I will be going :) .

PS: If you want to go during weekday, you should contact the track manager to make sure the gate is open just in case no one is at the track.

·
It was worth the wait
425 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Wow, thats incredible. I thought I'd have to wait for a day etc... this is awesome... getting bike ready ASAP! Thanks for the replies!

·
From N00bie to Wannabe
4,839 Posts
Wow, thats incredible. I thought I'd have to wait for a day etc... this is awesome... getting bike ready ASAP! Thanks for the replies!
You do have to have someone with you for safety!

·
From N00bie to Wannabe
4,839 Posts
With you. But contact Kelly at Big Top. He will have the facts and not my vague recollections.

·
Registered
53 Posts
Well, either way, it's best someone is there with you. I had a pretty nasty crash there last year and was very glad that my brother and some kart people were there :).

·
Twin A
8,019 Posts

·
It was worth the wait
425 Posts
Discussion Starter #16 (Edited)
You must've had a blast!

I'm still trying to get sliders for everything. What are you using for handlebar sliders? And front axle sliders?

What kinda speeds do you hit on a Sumo? 1st - 3rd gear track? Or do you get into 4th?

·
Registered
70 Posts
You must've had a blast!
I'm still trying to get sliders for everything. What are you using for handlebar sliders? And front axle sliders?
Good times. For axle sliders I'm running SME (now defunct) sliders (delrin blocks with threaded rods basically). For handlebar sliders I run Cycra sliders bolted to Zeta handguard, same bend.

You could buy a block of nylon, UHMW, or delrin and take a hole saw to it to make all the sliders you need.

What kinda speeds do you hit on a Sumo? 1st - 3rd gear track? Or do you get into 4th?
I guess it depends on the gearing. On the DRZ I'm using 2-4. On your bike you probably hit 120+ km/h on the front straight :)

·
It was worth the wait
425 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Good times. For axle sliders I'm running SME (now defunct) sliders (delrin blocks with threaded rods basically). For handlebar sliders I run Cycra sliders bolted to Zeta handguard, same bend.
Perfect, I have the same hand guard.

I guess it depends on the gearing. On the DRZ I'm using 2-4. On your bike you probably hit 120+ km/h on the front straight :)
Thats pretty good... 150+ and she starts shaking anyways :p

1 - 20 of 28 Posts