BC Sport Bikes Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Poser Emeritus
2,731 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Many of the US bike Forums organize group buys

Here is one from Pashnit, you need to join the forum it is like BCSB to be part of the group buy

http://www.pashnit.com/forum/showthread.php?t=8009

If you're interested, you can post on the thread. If you want to email me directly, I'm at pashnit33 at yahoo.com. Can also pm me via the forum too.

Thanks for being a part of the Pashnit Family!

-Tim

·
Registered
342 Posts
they're nice covers. Had one on my old bike when it got ripped off
For $175 US they better be damn nice!!!!!

Maybe I'm old school...but I'd rather use a $5 tarp from Wallymart and spend the money on something better....who needs a two hundred dollar cover for their bike???? :imwithstu

·
contradiction incarnate
2,748 Posts

Maybe I'm old school...but I'd rather use a $5 tarp from Wallymart and spend the money on something better....who needs a two hundred dollar cover for their bike???? :imwithstu
if it's not a breathable soft-lined cover, no cover at all is better.

a tarp will just destroy your paint.

·
Posing with conviction
5,397 Posts
pfffffft it doesnt even cover the whole bike !
My thoughts intially. I think the deal is with these covers is the compact nature of them. You can take them touring with you to cover your machine overnight so if it rains or shit is falling from trees that the essential part of your machine is kept clean and dry.

I use a full cover for my bikes. I wouldn't think of this as a replacement for it but another cover to take when on trips.

·
Posing with conviction
5,397 Posts

Well I have thought... Do I build myself a real garage or buy a cover? $20,000 or $200.?

Garage would be nice but...

·
contradiction incarnate
2,748 Posts
can you explain how a tarp would ruin the paint on my bike?
a tarp has a relatively rough surface. contact and movement will rub and wear on the paint and other surfaces.

a tarp is not breathable. the lack of air and moisture passing through it can lead to increases in corrosion and deterioration of materials.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts