BC Sport Bikes Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Rider
189 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey everyone,
I'm starting to get bored not being able to go out and ride all the time so I've been thinking of doing some mods to my bike. I came across this website ( http://www.powersstuntworx.com/railz.html ) and thought it would be a cool mod. More protection than sliders, less noticable than a full cage. I am going to be calling Matt on monday to find out what kinda of group deals he can offer me, if I can get the price down would anyone be intreseted? Just an idea of pricing, on another forum they managed to get 20 ppl together and they paid $100us. Which is cheaper than some sliders. I am not quoting that price because like i said above i have yet to talk to Matt. Please post up or PM me if you are intrested. If you have any additional question please post them before monday so i can get the answer asap.

Thanks
Dean

·
Premium Member
11,196 Posts
Don't see the point of the rail. The slider is going to take all the pressure and the rail is tucked in well enough that other parts of the bike will touch before the rail does.

If fact I think it would NOT be a good idea to have it there. If you fall and your bike lands on your leg then at least with the regular bike the pressure is spread out decently. With that rail it would be concentrated on your foot or leg. SNAP goes the bone.

·
Premium Member
11,196 Posts
Can you lay a bike down like this with just regular sliders ??? ......
Yes, easily. And the bike would suffer no more damage with sliders in this case than with the rails. If you were to get down and look under the bike you'd find that the rail most likely is not even touching the floor other than at the front slider portion. The bike is touching in the other spots.

Now a full stunt cage is a WHOLE next level. But the rail on it's own is no better than a set of sliders installed in a good proper mounting point. If you're planning on stunting then I can't recomend a full cage highly enough. They are a must have. But these rails on their own are just a whisper of the cage's protection.

You want protection for your bike? Then get yourself a set of left and right side NRC racing covers for your alternator and clutch and add a good set of frame sliders. It'll be money far better spent than on these rails. Legions of crashed bikes at racetracks says it's so. There would be a whole lotta broken alternator stators and broken clutches and DNF's and spilled oil if it was not for NRC or similar heavy duty covers. Crash tested and racer proof. You can't ask for a better recomendation.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts