BC Sport Bikes Forum banner

1 - 20 of 63 Posts
F

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
ok so im prob gonna sound like a bastard but here goes anyway

im sure i dont ride as much as most people ,im usually sanding or bike is down some other bullshit but the whole "group rides " thing i dont really get .First its hard enough to get sort of used to how your best buddys ride let alone 20 strangers .Not just that, but when there is 25 other bikes its kinda hard to stretch your legs or stay in a safe position around newbies and stil have some hooligan fun .The most people ive ever riden with was 5 and i thought that was a lot ,,constantly checking if one of em is gonna wheelie past me when im about to swerve around a pothole or some shit,or if i hoist up the front and hes an idiot hitting the brakes for no reason or just plain old sucks .Now if you know your riding buddies ,you start to learn each others riding and usually stay out of each others way,go at a pace you want to be at ,and if they get lost behind a truck you can count on em to split a lane or rip down the shoulder to catch up without question .Then there is keeping it a group the whole time ,its only going to be as fast as the slowest person so you dont loose someone at a red light or stuck behind traffic . If 50 poeple wanted to ride TO a hangout and meet there to talk shit ,eat some grub,grab a drink and on your seperate ways,that to me is cool ,BUt to gather at a spot ,bunch up into a giant pack ride to another spot ,tell stories of the 30km ride and all the dangers you faced when your leg cramped or you had a really bad itch ,,that boggles me .
I guess its the whole "brotherhood of bikers thing" yes i have a bike and yes you do too ,,,and ??? now we have to hold each others dick in the washroooms? personaly id rather ride by myself ,do what i want ,go where i want or maybe just one another bike and we can tear shit up and still stay out of each others way ..I couldnt imagine being stuck in the midle of 50 bikes puttering up the road pretending to be some kind of sorority cuz we all have a bike and a helmet.i think its weird ,,just a personal opinion ,,just my 2c

discuss

F

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
vincenzo888 said:
hey hakeem.......let's go on a group ride. or better yet, wanna go to the bathroom?
sure but you'll need both hands ,,,,,,,,,,zing !

F

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
ssblade said:
too many beers yesterday?
that was beer ? fuk that explains the headache ,i thought it was from the polishing
lol

T

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
You're not thinkin with your Wallet sandaperboy hahaaa more people = more crashes = more paint work for Hakeem

·
Bring on the sun
2,078 Posts
borderline said:
ok so im prob gonna sound like a bastard but here goes anyway

im sure i dont ride as much as most people ,im usually sanding or bike is down some other bullshit but the whole "group rides " thing i dont really get .First its hard enough to get sort of used to how your best buddys ride let alone 20 strangers .Not just that, but when there is 25 other bikes its kinda hard to stretch your legs or stay in a safe position around newbies and stil have some hooligan fun .The most people ive ever riden with was 5 and i thought that was a lot ,,constantly checking if one of em is gonna wheelie past me when im about to swerve around a pothole or some shit,or if i hoist up the front and hes an idiot hitting the brakes for no reason or just plain old sucks .Now if you know your riding buddies ,you start to learn each others riding and usually stay out of each others way,go at a pace you want to be at ,and if they get lost behind a truck you can count on em to split a lane or rip down the shoulder to catch up without question .Then there is keeping it a group the whole time ,its only going to be as fast as the slowest person so you dont loose someone at a red light or stuck behind traffic . If 50 poeple wanted to ride TO a hangout and meet there to talk shit ,eat some grub,grab a drink and on your seperate ways,that to me is cool ,BUt to gather at a spot ,bunch up into a giant pack ride to another spot ,tell stories of the 30km ride and all the dangers you faced when your leg cramped or you had a really bad itch ,,that boggles me .
I guess its the whole "brotherhood of bikers thing" yes i have a bike and yes you do too ,,,and ??? now we have to hold each others dick in the washroooms? personaly id rather ride by myself ,do what i want ,go where i want or maybe just one another bike and we can tear shit up and still stay out of each others way ..I couldnt imagine being stuck in the midle of 50 bikes puttering up the road pretending to be some kind of sorority cuz we all have a bike and a helmet.i think its weird ,,just a personal opinion ,,just my 2c

discuss

Aweeee....are you just bitter because nobody invites you out? It's okay man....

F

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #8 (Edited)
Bandit_Ryder said:
Aweeee....are you just bitter because nobody invites you out? It's okay man....
hahahahahahaahahhahaa suuuuure thats the problem ,i think you miss the concept of the "group ride " posts ,,nobody is actually invited ,,its a free for all .

thats what i want when i want to go for a rip ,25 people bouncing off each other ,yelling "turn left " WHAT ??" "turn left " WHAAAT ??" "LEFT !!!!! " WHATTTTTT? weeeeeeeeeee

now i see why you posted ,your always setting up these group rides,,dont take it the wrong way i didnt say its dumb or not a good idea for everyone ,,i just think its wierd for me personally

·
Bring on the sun
2,078 Posts
First of all, it's an opportunity to make new friends. The way I see it you can never have too many riding friends.

Second - It's fun! We ride in stagered formation....nobody is yelling to turn which way or whatever the hell you're talking about. Apparently most bikes come with signal lights on them these days (not sure about frankenbikes?) and we also use hand signals.

So why rain on our parade dude? We all have lots of fun on group rides and having fun is good enough for me.

T

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
borderline said:
hahahahahahaahahhahaa suuuuure thats the problem ,i think you miss the concept of the "group ride " posts ,,nobody is actually invited ,,its a free for all .

thats what i want when i want to go for a rip ,25 people bouncing off each other ,yelling "turn left " WHAT ??" "turn left " WHAAAT ??" "LEFT !!!!! " WHATTTTTT? weeeeeeeeeee
Doesn't sound like any ride I've ever been on...You must have been riding with circus monkies or something hahaaa

·
Bring on the sun
2,078 Posts
Yeah musta been a bunch of fuckin' savages who stole their bikes or somethin'....

prob the same fuckers who jacked my TV...:devillook

F

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Bandit_Ryder said:
First of all, it's an opportunity to make new friends. The way I see it you can never have too many riding friends.

Second - It's fun! We ride in stagered formation....nobody is yelling to turn which way or whatever the hell you're talking about. Apparently most bikes come with signal lights on them these days (not sure about frankenbikes?) and we also use hand signals.

So why rain on our parade dude? We all have lots of fun on group rides and having fun is good enough for me.
damn dude what are you reading ? what parade am i raining on ? all i said is I personally wouldnt ,but if others do ,,go nuts

what is it with people that cant take someones opinion without thinking they are trying to be convinced of something ?

·
Bring on the sun
2,078 Posts
borderline said:
what is it with people that cant take someones opinion without thinking they are trying to be convinced of something ?
I'm starting to become convinced that you just don't like people...maybe that's the problem? :rant

T

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
CrotchRocketeer said:
I always like to have at least 1 other person riding with me when going for a serious ride. If I fly off into a ditch and knock myself out, there's someone there to get help and vice versa. But I agree with Hakeem in that the large group thing is annoying.

A - They're slow and I hate waiting for people
B - I don't trust people I don't know. If I got take out by another rider I'd probably kill him/her.

So there is a balance, there's safety in numbers but when those numbers grow too large the safety aspect is diminished. Personally, nothing beats a hard ride with 4-5 of your good friends that are of equal skill level.
Different opinions are great Nicely put definately a little better then saying we need someone to hold our dicks for us...

·
Premium Member
5,255 Posts
Someone's crashed on almost every group ride I've organized. So I don't organize them much any more. I'll go on some occasionally, but feel free to bugger off if I want.

I enjoy riding alone the most. Few people seem content to rip the corners up while going the speed limit on the straights.

However, I will put a Mt. St. Helens ride together again this year, since I like to encourage budding sport tourers who may just need a little guidance the first time or two out.

For me, the group ride thing is about propogating a love I have for a sport which has brought me tons of great memories.

·
Bring on the sun
2,078 Posts
Well shit..maybe Hakeems dick is like 20 inches long....he probably does need help holding dat shit....

thundergod said:
Different opinions are great Nicely put definately a little better then saying we need someone to hold our dicks for us...

F

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
thundergod said:
doesn't anyone have a sense of humour anymore ?

F

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Bandit_Ryder said:
Well shit..maybe Hakeems dick is like 20 inches long....he probably does need help holding dat shit....

keep my penis out of it ,,,my wife always does

badump bump

·
Bring on the sun
2,078 Posts
borderline said:
doesn't anyone have a sense of humour anymore ?
I'm just fuckin' jealous that you have such a huge wang, while I'm stuck with the angry inch over here!! I can't even get any girls to hold it for me! :surrender

borderline said:
keep my penis out of it ,,,my wife always does

badump bump

I don't get it.

T

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Bandit_Ryder said:
I can just hear it now....." hey can u guys help a brother out?" :laughing

I don't find insults all that funny but for the record the best sense of humour on BCSB is right here !!

1 - 20 of 63 Posts