BC Sport Bikes Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Mr. Sophisticata
Joined
·
1,173 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone know the ball park pricing on on of these slip ons? Cant find pricing.

thanks..
 

·
Mr. Sophisticata
Joined
·
1,173 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Was just reading..

This system changes the angle of the pipe to exit higher. This slip on will also replace the factory s-bend (which contains the exhaust valve) with a straight-through Stainless Steel s-bend for more top end power! Removing the valve allows more exhaust and sound to pass from the engine at lower rpms but also places a higher need for increased fuel. To increase the fuel mixture please see our eBay store listings for Power Commander, Techlusion, and Yoshimura EMS Fuel Injection Modules.

Fuel remapping not required (although highly recommended for additional HP and a smoother power curve)!

I dont want to get into that shit again, what do you guys know about this?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
468 Posts
toomuchgsxr said:
Anyone know the ball park pricing on on of these slip ons? Cant find pricing.

thanks..
Wanted to ask ya, where u going to install it yourself or do you get it done frm someone and if so where?
 
F

·
Guest
Joined
·
0 Posts
toomuchgsxr said:
Was just reading..

This system changes the angle of the pipe to exit higher. This slip on will also replace the factory s-bend (which contains the exhaust valve) with a straight-through Stainless Steel s-bend for more top end power! Removing the valve allows more exhaust and sound to pass from the engine at lower rpms but also places a higher need for increased fuel. To increase the fuel mixture please see our eBay store listings for Power Commander, Techlusion, and Yoshimura EMS Fuel Injection Modules.

Fuel remapping not required (although highly recommended for additional HP and a smoother power curve)!

I dont want to get into that shit again, what do you guys know about this?
ask SSBLADE for a house call he's got that TECH box thingy and can map it out with touches of the button ,,i dont know HOW it works but i know it DOES work ,and he knows how .Hes a prof mechanic and a tuner of shit like that so hes gonna be your best bet without having to pay full out shop charges .

PM him and pick his brain a bit on that pipe ,he has it on his gsxr 1000 -03 which they dont list it for ,so hes already done some tinkering .
 

·
Mr. Sophisticata
Joined
·
1,173 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
nightstalker said:
Wanted to ask ya, where u going to install it yourself or do you get it done frm someone and if so where?

Looks like Ill be handing over the bike to SS Blade an let the pros do their job. I had a nightmare with my last bike getting it right. Look like retail will be 700-800 bucks. Ouch. Then the house call on top of that. Looking at a grand forsure. Maybe a bit more.
 
S

·
Guest
Joined
·
0 Posts
the pipe is only 430 american so like 570 with taxes paid at the border. you shouldn't need to do anything to the fuelling but adding a bit of fuel wouldn't hurt it.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
468 Posts
toomuchgsxr said:
Looks like Ill be handing over the bike to SS Blade an let the pros do their job. I had a nightmare with my last bike getting it right. Look like retail will be 700-800 bucks. Ouch. Then the house call on top of that. Looking at a grand forsure. Maybe a bit more.
Was wondering if you considered and asked how much for this yoshi shorty one ?
 
F

·
Guest
Joined
·
0 Posts
isnt that a racefit with a YOSh sticker? I know the JOMO 8 hr SUZUKA bike had that pipe 2 yrs before racefit even existed and i was told racefit borowed the design from the SUZUKI 1000 race bike back then .Maybe some YOSh guy brought it back in short supplies.BUt im guessing its a racefit in sheeps clothing .

there is a pic of that JOMO bike somewhere with the excact same pipe with the yosh label in the same spot ,,be cool if its actually the real one .
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
468 Posts
borderline said:
isnt that a racefit with a YOSh sticker? I know the JOMO 8 hr SUZUKA bike had that pipe 2 yrs before racefit even existed and i was told racefit borowed the design from the SUZUKI 1000 race bike back then .Maybe some YOSh guy brought it back in short supplies.BUt im guessing its a racefit in sheeps clothing .

there is a pic of that JOMO bike somewhere with the excact same pipe with the yosh label in the same spot ,,be cool if its actually the real one .
Seen it on a few gixxer's when i was over there last year, it's an actual yoshi pipe but it's not on the Yoshimura website, but Crescent sells it but its super expensive, about 500 quid + change

http://www.crescent-suzuki.com/accessories/listitems.asp.118.html
 

·
Mr. Sophisticata
Joined
·
1,173 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
I love the look of the black carbon fiber on the black Gixx. Those shortys are freakin loud as well, sound nice though. This is the first bike Ive had without a pipe, kinda enjoying the "non heat score" factor of a quieter pipe.
 

·
???????
Joined
·
908 Posts
ssblade said:
the pipe is only 430 american so like 570 with taxes paid at the border. you shouldn't need to do anything to the fuelling but adding a bit of fuel wouldn't hurt it.
Not a bad price range!! What do they normally charge for shipping?
 
F

·
Guest
Joined
·
0 Posts
found that pic of the 8hr JOMO bike ,its a pic of a pic on my wall so its crap quality but you can see the yosh can ,,that shit was waaaaay before ,in 2002 ,before Gp bikes and anyone else did it .credit where its due.
 
1 - 18 of 18 Posts
Top