BC Sport Bikes Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
499 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I bought a 2003 GSXR600, can I use the suspention off the gsxr 750 / 1000 from the same generation? Will the swing amrs work 2?

D

·
0 Posts
from a 750 probably, as they are the same frame and whatnot... a 1000, probably not.

·
:) you'll live longer
1,112 Posts
I know there is a slight difference in the 750 and 1000 swing arms, where the 1000 is about 5mm longer.

But i can't give you an answer if the pivot will fit or not, sorry

·
Registered
499 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
rockshoxbiker said:
I know there is a slight difference in the 750 and 1000 swing arms, where the 1000 is about 5mm longer.

But i can't give you an answer if the pivot will fit or not, sorry
what about the front forks from a gsxr1000? would they fit on my 600cc? whould this be a good idea?

W

·
0 Posts
fork are a different diameter. I just bought a triple clamp on EBAY and it is for a 600. The fork tube holes are 5mm to small for my 1000 forks. also the steering tube bore in the triple clamp is alot smaller for the 600 than the 1000 as well

·
Registered
499 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
would it be best to put gsxr750 suspention / swing arm on my 600cc? plus do the springs in the front?

·
Registered
499 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
gixxstar said:
If anything I might do the forks. Between the two, it's not a huge difference though, even on a race bike. The springs and valving are the big improvements.
thanks for the tip, I was told the springs are about $100 each. Do you know if the rear suspention off the 750cc is better than the 600cc, would it fit?

·
Got Hammer?
5,552 Posts
If I'm not mistaken it's the same shock. This is mostly heresay as I haven't ran with a stock GSXR shock in a while but they are considered among the better stock shocks out there. I revalved a stock one a few years ago with a race tech kit and felt a slight but noticeable improvement in the action. I kinda ruined it by not changing the spring at the same time. If money is an issue, springs first, valving second. I'd do the front valving before the rear valving.

·
The Wizard
2,743 Posts
If it's for Mission, be careful, as you will knock yourself out of Superstock classes with forks from a 750. To the best of my knowledge once you move out of Novice that bike would only be Superbike legal.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts