BC Sport Bikes Forum banner

1 - 20 of 76 Posts

·
ROAR!!!!!!
1,175 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Believe it or not... I have to pay $330!!! PER MONTH!!! AHHHHH!!! 20% surplus:( :( Oh well... at least I got a full time job and I got my bike on the road!;)

·
Registered
787 Posts
woah....quite a bit....how much did u declare for the value of your bike?
i'm paying 244/mo....pretty steep too....6 more years til i can insure under meagson....shitty.

·
Registered
634 Posts
thats more than mike bike payments (almost more than my bike payment and insurance) crazy. I thought mine was bad, at least your on the road though right? :)

-arai-

·
Registered
1,489 Posts
$330 a month? that sucks that is 3x what I pay, I guess it does pay to have a good driving record.

At least you are on the road.
:rider

·
ROAR!!!!!!
1,175 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Blah I only "caused" one accident before and it was 2 years ago on my Red R6. My declared value is $10k also got collision+comprehensive etc. And of course FIRE+THEFT!! Yes the bike is on the road!:D Just need to fix a couple cosmetic things later.;) I am glad that I found a job or else I won't even be able to ride!!:D :D :D

X

·
0 Posts
man.. I don't even pay that much. I thought that I had a high insurance rate.

Glad that I could weasel in the 40% discount. :thumbup

·
Super Moderator
5,114 Posts
grrr, I should be getting 25% instead of this crappy 15% i'm getting right now... grrrrr.... I got screwed over by ICBC :(

i'm paying around 210 a month :(

D

·
0 Posts
if there was private insurance here you'd get a multi vehicle discount. last time i had private insurance they paid me to have my second car on the policy.

can icbc top that? sure they can. make you pay twice as much for half the coverage. no discounts for anything. are they gone yet? are they gone yet? are they gone yet?

M

·
0 Posts
doug said:
if there was private insurance here you'd get a multi vehicle discount. last time i had private insurance they paid me to have my second car on the policy.

can icbc top that? sure they can. make you pay twice as much for half the coverage. no discounts for anything. are they gone yet? are they gone yet? are they gone yet?
That'd be the day. I have my truck I only use in the summer for camping and groceries, the rest of the time I'm on my bike. I'm either on one or the other. Raining I bus my arse to work. Sh!ts me how I still have to pay both. I'd settle to pay the higher of the two and then storage insurance or something. But get real, 2 insurace policies.....ICBC really sucks. Have to wait till 25 to get private insurance.....next season!

B

·
0 Posts
holy crap! I thought my $150 was bad! E, how'd you get $85? did you declare the value at $100? that's damn cheap.

·
Wanderer of the Wastes
6,817 Posts
$330?!!?
bend over man, you're being raped.

D

·
0 Posts
when i was with state farm i paid $650 a year for two cars. i had a $50 deductible. i also had 7 speeding tickets before i was 18. the last year i was in ontario i got a $52 refund for the two car discount and $106 dividend for a record claim period they had. i paid $650 for one car the year previous.

has ICBC ever come close to this? FUCK NO! $1600 for one car when i moved here. $2300 if i didn't have a 40% discount. they didn't cover my stereo, which at the time was a $12000 install. no two car discount, no coverage of rental vehicles, higher deductibles regardless of premium.... and who ever heard of having your car repaired with used parts? great rebate we got last year. $100, which they just took back from us this year. who actually got just a 7% rate hike? mine was over 15%!!! and i have NEVER made a claim with ICBC.

ICBC can kiss my white ass. i called their fraud line and reported them as the fraud.

M

·
0 Posts
doug said:
when i was with state farm i paid $650 a year for two cars. i had a $50 deductible. i also had 7 speeding tickets before i was 18. the last year i was in ontario i got a $52 refund for the two car discount and $106 dividend for a record claim period they had. i paid $650 for one car the year previous.

has ICBC ever come close to this? FUCK NO! $1600 for one car when i moved here. $2300 if i didn't have a 40% discount. they didn't cover my stereo, which at the time was a $12000 install. no two car discount, no coverage of rental vehicles, higher deductibles regardless of premium.... and who ever heard of having your car repaired with used parts? great rebate we got last year. $100, which they just took back from us this year. who actually got just a 7% rate hike? mine was over 15%!!! and i have NEVER made a claim with ICBC.

ICBC can kiss my white ass. i called their fraud line and reported them as the fraud.
Amen bro'

·
Premium Member
7,666 Posts
Mini said:
Believe it or not... I have to pay $330!!! PER MONTH!!! AHHHHH!!! 20% surplus:( :( Oh well... at least I got a full time job and I got my bike on the road!;)
I will be at $350/month when I insure next time. -20% discount at the start of this season...two early crashes (my first two, ever) and I'm at 140%. :(

·
I'm back
1,947 Posts
Re: Re: Guess how much I have to pay for insurance each month?

Harps said:

I will be at $350/month when I insure next time. -20% discount at the start of this season...two early crashes (my first two, ever) and I'm at 140%. :(
Damm at 140% surcharge you'll be lucky if your only paying $350 a month, Ouch!

·
Registered
332 Posts
who started a big chatter about Saving ICBC? why do we want to save ICBC? whats so bad about private insurance? so far it seems like they are pretty good from the ref of digi and R1 girl. If insurnace are privatized, doesnt it bring in competition into the market? and therefore costs will be reduced for us, while the companies trys to fight to give the best rate so they can get our dollar. can someone give insight on why it would benefit us to "save icbc?"

1 - 20 of 76 Posts