BC Sport Bikes Forum banner

1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Premium Member
3,762 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
...and passed!! :)
was doing it in Burnaby after the snow started falling.
'twas fun. Now i can finally ride after the sundown.

:flashy ;)

C

·
0 Posts
AlphaQ said:
...and passed!! :)
was doing it in Burnaby after the snow started falling.
'twas fun. Now i can finally ride after the sundown.

:flashy ;)
congrats!!! 1 hour long right.

·
Registered
4,209 Posts
congrats. man, I still have to go for my final road test, to get rid ofthe N...let us know what you found new or hard....

·
Resident Banana
2,694 Posts
Thats awesome Alpha....congrats. Fully legal....aint it sweet:D .

C

·
0 Posts
Human said:
congrats. man, I still have to go for my final road test, to get rid ofthe N...let us know what you found new or hard....
yeah man, fill us in... i gotta take my final test too in a couple weeks.

B

·
0 Posts
Maybe we should start a sticky or an article about road tests and what to look for, or even how to go about getting a license and stuff. I have a feeling that it would come in handy, especially now that spring is in the air.....
I'll post as much info as I can later, but I gotta go to work too soon.
Did you take a course CBR600F2?

·
Super Moderator
5,114 Posts
congrats man....

now you have no excuses to come on night rides with us :) :laughing

·
Premium Member
3,762 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Canadian_Gixxer said:
congrats man....

now you have no excuses to come on night rides with us :) :laughing
Haha any time! :)

Well im a "new driver" now. I don't have to carry the "N" (at least they didn't tell me anything about it).

The road test was a bit shorter than they usually are. I think mine was about 35-40 minutes when it's supposed to be 50 minutes. It was cold and i think my examinator took pity on me :)
It was fairly easy. We drove around Burnaby. She took me through some weird ass school zones (one school zone ends, and the next one begins right away). I asked her what speed she expects me to go and told her that im going to stick around to speed limit because it was getting wet & slippery.. so this one was fairly easy. I tried one a week after i went through action. The guy who was in charge made me do a "danger assesment" thing. he stopped me and made me tell him what are all the possible danger signs i should be looking for (there was an intersection that we were near). but at the end he failed me for forgetting to cancel my turn signals.

yeah, so i'm "N" for the car, and the bike now. im taking my final road test for the car in two weeks :) (you only need one car/bike) and then i'll be a "driver"..no L/N bullshit.

·
Registered
4,209 Posts
Dude, you need to put the N on the bike or your jacket if you don't want a $85 ticket.....I did the same as you, N for car, Action for bike and they said I need an N for the bike too...I just jam it between the fender and the lic. plate, and tighten the screw again....

·
Registered
3,815 Posts
Congrats AlphaQ!!:D
It's been so long since I passed mine that we didn't even have to go out on the road. There was a large parking lot at the MVB in Cloverdale, and all bikes had to take the test there. The tester dude would stand with a clipboard while you rode around the lot and back to him. Then he would give you an instruction like "ride to the end and make a right turn" or "go in a circle" you had to make two gear changes (up only) and the worst bit was the last instruction. You had to stand next to your bike and lower it until it was almost touching the ground then lift it back up again. Thye wanted to see if you could pick your own bike up. Man, I was 19 and that Suzuki 750 was HEAVY!!....but I did it!! I remember that Harley riders would take their test on 125's because they couldn't pick up the Hogs.:laughing :laughing

·
Registered
549 Posts
I still have to take my knowledge test. Probably in the upcoming week. What are the main type of questions on that test?

·
Just Another Enthusiast
2,051 Posts
If a 'knowledge' test is a learner's, just read the Guide. My learner's test was back in 94ish, so it may have been different, but I still remember a couple of the questions asked about things like;

- your lights must be on when your visibility is restricted to _____meters,
- when you approach an intersection you should always _______.

That sort of thing. But if you have read the Guide a couple times, you should be OK. I read it about 4 or 5 times, then a quick scan before the test and aced it. Just do not overthink anything, trust yourself to know the right answer. :)

·
Registered
634 Posts
yeah the written is pretty much a joke if your read through.... I mean seriously I swear one question could be summerized as

driving while under the influence of alchohol

A: Is a good idea
B: Improves your driving
C: Helps you go faster
D: Is bad

I'm not even kidding

-arai-

·
Premium Member
3,762 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
yeah knowledge test is fairly easy.
most of it is common sense. but do read the guide before you take the test :)

as for the "N" I think im going to go by DMV and see what they say. When we were riding as a group @ Action we didn't have the "L"s :) but anyway, i'll phone the DMV on monday and let you know.

Yes it feels great:)

·
Registered
3,815 Posts
arai said:
yeah the written is pretty much a joke if your read through.... I mean seriously I swear one question could be summerized as

driving while under the influence of alchohol

A: Is a good idea
B: Improves your driving
C: Helps you go faster
D: Is bad
Umm, C?:confused

B

·
0 Posts
congrats man...i cant even remember my test...i took it when i was 16 and there was no road test portion...when did they change that??:confused

1 - 20 of 29 Posts