BC Sport Bikes Forum banner

1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
92 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
As the B.C. rep. for The Motorcycling Confederation of Canada(motorcycling.ca) ,they have asked me to look for someone to be nominated for the motorcycle hall of fame . Does anyone have suggestions? Someone that has really contributed to motorcycles..

·
Fixer
1,610 Posts
wenzel broz, old time referee from WMRC, and any of the previous five WMRC presidents for keeping road racing alive here in bc. and steve crevier and steve dick. and tom walther. and mr. and mrs. walther. how's that for a start?

:flashy

·
Fast Pack Slow Guy
4,722 Posts
+2 million for Julia

G

·
Steve Crevier...Road race accomplishments CMA AMA champ

Bill McLean...# 1 plate MX and pacific yamaha
Larry Mackenzie...First Canadian to earn world points
Julia Sit...Promoting awareness
Walt Healy.....Helping hundreds
Al, Guy Perret....Represents Canada ISDE, Kamloops HD
Ross Pederson....Moto cross Legend
Vic, Vera Godsell....CMA reps for many years
Ted Blow...Represents nearly every off road event...cut 1000's of trails we all use today
Jon Sebastian Roy...another MX rider
Darcy Lange....WINNER of ama arena Cross
Ryon Bell...Trials Superstar, represents Canada, #1 plate holder

All for now...I will add to this later
Thanks, Good Idea

·
Registered
4,259 Posts
There simply wasn't anyone more dedicated to the motorcycle community at no proffit in the 14 years I've been riding bikes.

Julia Sit.
RIP

·
Registered
92 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
What exactly qualifies you to have that job?
Were you hand picked by BCCOM for this post or was there a job advertisement I missed?
Being a rider for 15 yrs. and being active in the only biker rights org. in B.C.
It's a non payment position , If you are interested in taking part in or helping I would be grateful. There was advertising for this , you have to be in the loop .
What qualifies you ?
Check out the web site!!!!! www.motorcycling.ca

·
Registered
8,785 Posts

Ted Blow...Represents nearly every off road event...cut 1000's of trails we all use today

Thanks, Good Idea

This is a great list

·
WMRC Past Prez three time
2,580 Posts
wenzel broz, old time referee from WMRC, and any of the previous five WMRC presidents for keeping road racing alive here in bc. and steve crevier and steve dick. and tom walther. and mr. and mrs. walther. how's that for a start?

:flashy
I except the nomination......ha ha ha ha!

·
Registered Abuser
1,017 Posts
Julia for motorcycle awareness for sure. She & Bog gave endlessly of their time to the cause.
I'm unfortunate enough to have never met Bog, but I sure know Julia deserves the honour. She even went so far as to convert the family restaurant into a friendly biker hang out complete with events, charity rides, and yes, food!!

·
Registered
1,535 Posts

Thanks, Good Idea

Thanks for posting this Dave, great idea! To have this submitted you must fill out some information and make it good cause the Ontario group seems to have a HUGE amount of people vote and it needs to be detailed. Walt Healy is in, he was inducted last year. Julia and everyone else are an awesome choice. Pick who you want to nominate and take it to fruition. You can send them directly to [email protected] or send it to BCCOM [email protected] first and we may be able to help you "tweak" it to make sure it gets noticed!

·
Registered
1,971 Posts
Julia Sit, as I'm sure many others would agree. Not only is she known for her personal accomplishments but she has been a part of other's in various ways as well. Of all the possible candidates, she is the only one in my mind who wasn't limited to just one group or community... and in such an extensive fashion.

·
Registered
1,535 Posts
Julia Sit, as I'm sure many others would agree. Not only is she known for her personal accomplishments but she has been a part of other's in various ways as well. Of all the possible candidates, she is the only one in my mind who wasn't limited to just one group or community... and in such an extensive fashion.
One of you needs to take this to the line, perhaps get a thing going where you can all submit to one person, then put it together to make it whole. One thing I have noticed it that it is all people who have been around forever, unfortunatley Julia never got that option. It is all about what you all bring to the table!

·
Ridin hard n dirty
4,080 Posts

Thanks, Good Idea
Add to the above:

The Bastedo's....Carl and Marilynn....Years of supporting all racing in Canada.
I can't remember his name but the CMA Motorcross ref. from back east?? Kelly?
Lawrence St. Piere....Agassi Motocross track promoter30 years+++
Walter Levy...Little rock/aldergrove M/X track
Bobby Todostychk....Trials Ledgend
Steve Baker...AMA world Champ
Bob Work....Yamaha canadas race director
Glen Mackenzie....early m/x #1
Zoli Jr. And Sr. Berinie...Moto/ Legends
Ron Farmer....Mission race track
Earl Borsky...Trail maker Lytton,Chilliwack,Vedder and more...MonkeyWrench was his baby.
Al Dyck...M/X #1....Arena/x promoter
Trev, Fred Deely...Been around forever....

All of these people I have had the pleasure of meeting and competing with....some have played a huge role in bringing motorcycle motorsports to where it is today in Canada.

For all you that may or may not know who they are we owe them thanks for the trails you are riding, the land that you get to ride on and some of the shops you go to. They have sat in municipal meetings fighting for you from the asshats who want to shut everything down with the excuse that they are trying to protect us from hurting ourselves. Or the noise bugs them. Or it's their trails.

I am sure there are many more that I can't think of at the moment But it's a start.

1 - 20 of 31 Posts