1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
8,228 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

·
Registered
3,410 Posts
I read a lot of good reviews about that lift. Nowhere to put it, but that is a good price. Once a while they will be lower, but not by much, and not sure if it's worth waiting just to save few more $

·
Registered
8,228 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Lower than $299? That's a price I haven't seen yet. *This is my second one. The first I sold a couple years ago for the same that I paid for it. Seeing as I've now bought 2, you can infer that I'm happy with them.*

Damn heavy though. Unloading 153 kg without damaging either the lift, yourself or the truck requires forethought. **

·
Posing with conviction
5,387 Posts
Heavens to Murgatroyd! Asterisks are still appearing in threads.

153 kilos. That's a lot for one person. Scream of a deal though.

I read a lot of good reviews about that lift. Nowhere to put it,
I have the same predicament. No place for a hoist or lift of any sort.

·
100% Asshole
3,394 Posts
I've been using the one from Princess Auto for at least 10 years. Not one issue, I think it's pretty much like the Harbour Freight unit.*

·
Registered
8,228 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I believe you are right, identical down to the color. I went with HF because their pricing was slightly better, aka "I'm cheap".

·
Registered
8,228 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
can't be that cheap.. i built one... now that's cheap

Fair enough. I do a cost/benefit analysis. I this case I could make one of wood. But the wood, my time, my fingers, hospital visits, bike falling off ........ I went with keeping my fingers and spent the money.*

·
How to ride
1,169 Posts
* Does this device have any potential as a way to load a bike on to a pick-up truck? *A 29 1/2'' lift should be close to the height of my tailgate. * **

·
Registered
368 Posts
Fair enough. I do a cost/benefit analysis. I this case I could make one of wood. But the wood, my time, my fingers, hospital visits, bike falling off ........ I went with keeping my fingers and spent the money.*
my time is free for me... everyone needs a hobby.

·
Chronic
4,472 Posts
* Does this device have any potential as a way to load a bike on to a pick-up truck? *A 29 1/2'' lift should be close to the height of my tailgate. * **
The Princess Auto one says 30 1/2" for lift.
$699.00 plus gov't donations

·
Chronic
4,472 Posts
Get them while they last! $299.99 with coupon. *Or be dumb like me and not read about the coupon......the fellow took pity on me, knocked off 20% and it came down to $287 and change out the door. I bought a bike dolly and better wheel chock for the lift while there as well. Was tagged $77 at the border and home again.*

http://m.harborfreight.com/1000-lb-Capacity-Motorcycle-Lift-68892.html?ccdenc=eyJjb2RlIjoiNDY4NjQ1NjUiLCJza3UiOiI2ODg5MiIsImlzIjoiMjk5Ljk5IiwicHJvZHVjdF9p ZCI6Ijg0OTUifQ==
Me e-challenged, I didn't see the coupon

EDIT, coupon button at top right of page.
Thanks

·
Registered
8,228 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
I would really advise against using it to load a bike into a truck. That would be awfully shakes at full height with bike and rider on it. * *

1 - 15 of 15 Posts