BC Sport Bikes Forum banner

Harley Davidson

7K views 86 replies 45 participants last post by  gsxr_45 
#1 ·
#8 ·
i believe there are real bike riders and posers who wanna look like real bike riders. sure you can buy the machines, but not everyone can ride. this video clip is selling an image, and i'm sure it works well for sales, but riding bikes, be it jap, harley, and euro is not a fashion statement. its a way of being. thats what i believe:)

#11 ·
Wow!
Most ppl know I ride a cruiser as well sport bike plus I'm anti Harley.
But wow that commercial made me feel good in a dirty kinda way, can you imagine if Suzuki/kawi/yamaha/honda came out with that kinda heart string pulling marketing?

Ok I gotta admit the Honda tune "I gotta ride" with all the family on dirt bikes having a great time is good too. :thumbup

#13 ·
I like all kinds of bikes, cruisers included in that mix. Hell, i even like the way harley looks, but its the advertisments like this that atract the type of people that I do not whish to assicate with.

It is not the 20k they drop on the 'bad ass' image that bothers me, it is the fact that every laman buys into the 'tuff guy' image and associates the crime thing with it.

Most these boys are pussies that aint never tasted a fist.

#14 ·
I believe in telling to fuck off after you wipe out and try to use free health care othe people's tax money paid for to treat that road rash and that reconstructive surgery on your face 'cause you were a "bad ass".

#17 ·
I belive that half of you are too chicken shit to come and say half the shit you posted to people riding harley's. I am personally not a big fan of cruiser bikes yet, but I respect the lifestyle. So before you say anything like you've posted before think about how your lifestyle looks in their eyes.

PS. Don't forget to support your local Red & White.

#24 ·
That is a heck of a marketing film, I'll give it that, I'd be a lttle more convinced of the non-conformist thing if they had a couple Buell/ full gear guys or Belfast clad deckers but what the hey, Suzuki tells us we can buy a Gixxer thou and be Mladin.
Far as the bikes, I had a 74 FLH and it was a good old bike, never let me down, comfortable and could pack a pile of gear. Damn good gravel road bike, second only to my old Bonneville I'd say. :surrender
Wouldn't mind getting another with a hack just for hauling the grandkids. I've got some buds that ride HD and they are as real as it gets. Quite a few of them rode the fast Jap bikes back in the day but realised they weren't as fast as they used to be and didn't need the newest bestest state of the art repli-racer. Kinda goes with the bifocals and back supports. So ease up there youngsters and allows us our fantasies too. :laughing :surrender

#25 ·
I didn't get to see the clip ( not flash media blah blah blah) but I am gonna comment on the HD. I don't like the loud pipes, the bad ass image, some of the ugly ass designs, but I can tell you there are some nice looking harleys (even if they run like shit) that I wouldn't mind owning if I had the money. There is just something about the older harleys that I love. My friends dad built a 1942 thunderhead (I think that's what it is called), amazing custom colour with some nice flames integrated in, nice lines, overall an awesome looking bike. I would love that type of harley if I had the money, but I would still have a sport bike too.

G
#28 ·
Be a rugged individual when you buy products from our catalogue.
Looks like they were spat out of a cooky cutter from a trailer court.

But it's some of the most effective and virulent marketing in the world.

#33 ·
What's interesting is that I posted the link to this video on a Harley site (just for a laugh) and it was quite promptly deleted. And we thought they were tough. I mean, living the "lifestyle" and all...

#36 ·
Ape hangers always make me laugh, but I don't think this ad reaches the great heights attained by those Joe Rocket ads with the Hayden brothers or the Yamaha ad where the rider rescues the girl from the smoke-and-flames factory.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.