BC Sport Bikes Forum banner

1 - 20 of 34 Posts

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This is off board but how do people afford harleys? The ones i've seen usually sell for $20000 or more. But if someone were to buy a hog how much insurance do they have to pay?

·
Registered
2,887 Posts
please do not talk about those pieces of shit on this board! ;)

·
retired panda racer...~_~
740 Posts
mortgage? hehe....

i think when you're having a mid-life crisis... you have a lot more disposable income to match whatever your priority is... if it's a harley... then there you go...

·
total wanker!
146 Posts
Ya gotta make sacrifices man ... just decide, do you want a Harley or do you want to move up to a double-wide?:laughing

·
Registered
978 Posts
you mean Hardly Driveable dont you? they drive it to starbucks and park it htere so they dont have to pay for much gas instead of riding hehe...they pay the same insurance as we do it goes by CC...my dads friend said his friends all bought harleys together and they have literally spent more time in the shop than they have riding because it breaks down so often while he bought a honda shadow and has never had to have any engine work done

·
X-nasty
2,287 Posts
how do people afford $20K+ bikes? who cares

how do people afford $20K cars? who cares

move out of vancouver and you can afford lots of things.

·
Swivel on it
11,659 Posts
HOG - Heavily Over-engineered Garbage. Get a real bike :laughing

·
hot beef
276 Posts
This is off board but how do people afford harleys? The ones i've seen usually sell for $20000 or more. But if someone were to buy a hog how much insurance do they have to pay?
get a better job!!!!!!!! not everybody makes 15 bucks an hour.

·
Ride Solo
4,218 Posts
Buying a $20000 Harley and riding it for 5 years is no more expensive than buying a new 600 and totalling it every year.

·
Banned
1,946 Posts
please do not talk about those pieces of shit on this board! ;)
...unless you provide a comparison performance test between a hog, an actual pig, and a fully loaded tanker truck. It would be close.

·
Registered
11,614 Posts
I have nothing against cruisers, or even HDs for that matter. My problem lies in the fact that HDs marketing gurus have managed to convince an entire generation that you must spend $30K on a bike with 1970s technology. (Exception being the V-Rod, of course. The only HD I would consider buying. :thumbup)

·
Yellow Power Ranger
3,009 Posts
Harleys owners are fuckin morons!

My rant:
On Saturday when coming home from Mission raceway on the Albion Ferries...Tyler and I were at the front of the motorcycle lineup waiting to board. After waiting for about 5mins, some Harley guys pulled behind us in line. We were then given instruction to board...so we started off onto the ramps...then the Harley guys just cut right in front of us and went on first...for no reason...just to be asses! They looked like total jerks on the ferries and we didnt say anything to them. Luckily, we still ended up gettin off first...I led the 4 of us...so I road really slow all the way through Ft. Lanlgey. I could see the Harley guys gettin pissed cause we were going so slow. I wouldnt have a problem with Harley guys if they were all nice and wouldnt judge people by what bikes they ride. Unfortunately, I will have to judge them all now as morons!

·
Premium Member
11,196 Posts
Yes there are some Harley riders with terrible attitudes. But I've met some of the nicest folks that ride Harleys so don't judge all of them based on the phony outlaw wannabe's.

Oddly enough I've met a few super snobbish sportbike riders as well... go figure eh?

True confessions time.... I got to test ride a Harley many years ago and liked it for what it is. I wouldn't mind getting one some day and modify it into my own idea of a sporty Harley that handled similar to the Polaris Victory Sport model that I rode a few years back.

·
Banned
1,946 Posts
Oddly enough I've met a few super snobbish sportbike riders as well...
Look, I can't help being superior; it's just the way it is. Don't hate me 'cause I'm beautiful.

·
Banned
1,946 Posts
We were then given instruction to board...so we started off onto the ramps...then the Harley guys just cut right in front of us and went on first...for no reason...just to be asses!
I used to be all nicey-nice when I rode but those dicks never returned the favour. Whenever I took a new rider up to Harrison they'd get buzzed and passed on the inside, outside, and upside all at the same time and it would scare the shit out of the newb. Happened like 3 different times. I decided that there would be no more Mr. Nice Guy.

Now when those fuckers get in the way and won't move over I pass 'em on the inside and I flip 'em the bird. When I wake up from my nap at the next gas stop and one of 'em has the nuts to come over I dare them to even try. Never had a problem but then again, hostile is my natural state of mind.

·
Banned
1,946 Posts
How can I one-up this? I laughed so hard while reading that I shat myself and sprayed yesterday's dinner all the way down my pants into my Bruno's.
Thanks for showing the love Big S!

·
Registered
2,887 Posts
How can I one-up this? I laughed so hard while reading that I shat myself and sprayed yesterday's dinner all the way down my pants into my Bruno's.
Holy fuck I just crapped my pants from reading about you crapping your pants and then my 2 year old son came up decided it was time so he crapped his pants just for the hell of it!

Fuck, this place smells like shit...:rockon

1 - 20 of 34 Posts