BC Sport Bikes Forum banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
1,402 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So my wife and I are leaving Sunday with the first night in Ocean Shores. The next days riding will leave us in Lincoln City. Here is where we will setup in a hotel for a few days doing short excursions. After that we will head back and maybe even see a bit of the island before returning home.

Ordered some Corbin seats for this, they should be here in time so yeah!!!!

Just thought I would share :rockon

Anyone out there got any input on things to see, where to eat, or where to stay? Any other roads around there worth checking out? That type of thing.

Cheers,

·
Mortgage Pimp
9,195 Posts
Definitely visit Cannon Beach and Seaside Oregon. Those are the best places along that drive.

Visit this thread to give you an idea of the ride. OREGON TRIP

You're gonna have a blast! Take pics and don't forget to report on the ride!

·
Fast Pack Slow Guy
4,722 Posts
DO NOT EAT in Rockaway Beach.

Great seafood restaraunts in Astoria, tho.

·
Fast Pack Slow Guy
4,722 Posts
The Holiday Inn Express in Astoria is actually really, really nice. You can get rooms with massive Jaccuzis right next to your bed for about $130 per night, with a stellar view of the harbour and the underside of the 3km bridge that connects Orengon with Washington.

When I stayed there they had a sign out front that said "Where sleeping under a bridge is a good thing."

·
Poser Emeritus
2,732 Posts
So my wife and I are leaving Sunday with the first night in Ocean Shores. Ordered some Corbin seats for this, they should be here in time so yeah!!!!

Just thought I would share :rockon

Cheers,
Too bad you didn't ask before the Corbin's were purchased. You and wifey could have gone to RICH'S in Seattle and had custom seats built for less money with a guaranteed fit

google Rich's Custom Seats

·
Fast Pack Slow Guy
4,722 Posts
Too bad you didn't ask before the Corbin's were purchased. You and wifey could have gone to RICH'S in Seattle and had custom seats built for less money with a guaranteed fit

google Rich's Custom Seats
Ya know, I actually flipped my Rich's seat for a Corbin. My Corbin's hella comfy.

·
Still defying gravity...
2,853 Posts
Anyone out there got any input on things to see, where to eat, or where to stay? Any other roads around there worth checking out? That type of thing.

Cheers,
If you want a nice little detour, Highway 34 from Waldport (just south of Newport) east to Alsea (or beyond) and back is a nice, twisty ride - follows the Alsea River.

And pack a sweater or two - when the marine fog rolls in it can get chilly. I went from 30 deg C inland to 6 deg C at the coast within one hour a couple of weeks ago.

·
blah
546 Posts
the Cheese Factory in Tillamook is kind of cool to stop at for lunch or tour.

·
Mmm...beer
2,144 Posts
+1 for Seaside, excellent spot. Cannon Beach as well. And as said above, watch your speed down there. My last trip to Seaside cost me $242 US. Was heading into town, speed went from 60 to 45, I kept doing 71 mp/h. Oh well, expensive lession. Have fun.

·
Mortgage Pimp
9,195 Posts
+1 for Seaside, excellent spot. Cannon Beach as well. And as said above, watch your speed down there. My last trip to Seaside cost me $242 US. Was heading into town, speed went from 60 to 45, I kept doing 71 mp/h. Oh well, expensive lession. Have fun.

I went from 110 mph into a 45mph zone... thanks to a very friendly harley, I slowed down to 50 and saw a pack of my leeches get nailed.

That was fun. ;)

Again, take A LOT of pics. Not enough guys share their experiences here.

·
Registered
1,402 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Again thanks guys.

All this input will really help this trip go smoother- Appreciate it tonnes.

I will take pics and post em up once I return, or while I am travelling, no worries there. I get into trouble for taking to many pics most of the time. :)

·
Registered
97 Posts
Again thanks guys.

All this input will really help this trip go smoother- Appreciate it tonnes.

I will take pics and post em up once I return, or while I am travelling, no worries there. I get into trouble for taking to many pics most of the time. :)
Have you got a route planned out? I just went down there two up and avoided the I5 as its not too much for fun, for rider or passenger. Definately recommend getting off at Bellingham and hitting Chuckanut Drive and checking out Deception pass along the way. You can get back on the I5 or head down through Whidbey Island and ferry over to Port Townsend and 101 down from there....definately takes more time though. Hit a lot of newly paved roads this way but also a few minor construction delays.

·
Registered
1,402 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Oh yea- I hate the I5. Well perhaps "hate" is to strong a word for that, it is a very efficiant means of getting in and out that is for sure. I went to Seattle with a friend (both on bikes) and all i remember of that is the constant hammering of the concrete expansion joints.

We are crossing at Sumas, heading down the 9, then onto the 542 through Bellingham, down 11 (is that Chuchanut?) onto the 20 to teh ferry that takes me to Port Townsend. Then down the 101 on the hood canal section. Our first night is probably Ocean Shores. From there we are heading south a bit each day then coming back the same way.

We have 8 days so things so we can have a relaxed pace and check things out.

Ill have pics for when I get back. :)

·
Registered
1,402 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Well we got back and man was it great!!!! Put 1800 kms on Demon (thats her name) and she loved running the 101 as much as we loved riding her.

I will post up some pics Monday, got them loaded onto the computer now and will figure things out by Monday.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts